Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Wheel Stud Help?

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by joryyroj, Jul 28, 2003.

1. joryyroj

joryyroj Registered Member

I have a 1970 K5 Blazer that has a 4 inch lift and 35x12.5 15" tires and 15x10 each wheels with the original 4 wheel drum brakes and wheel studs. My problem is my new aluminum wheels are thicker then the original steel wheels, and therefore my acorn style lugnuts are only grabbing about a quarter of an inch of the stud. I have had to pull over and tighten the wheel studs repeatedly and I am worried that the wheels may fall off without longer studs. I have tried oRiellys, Autozone, and Napa trying to find longer wheel studs. So far no luck. Has anyone else had this problem, and if so how did you fix it? Were you able to use wheel studs from another make/model/year that were longer? Any help would be great or you can email me at jory.pai@verizon.net

Thanks in advance.

2. Don

Don 1/2 ton status

Go to any Napa, Shuck's, Autozone, whoever, ask for the line of, DORMAN Product's. They have a catalog full of wheelstud's, in many many size's.

If the above place's won't drag out a Dorman book, call around to see who has Dorman.

3. joryyroj

4. jasonkh2tg

jasonkh2tg 1/2 ton status

Well who sold the rims to ya, if they said it will fit a 70 or that's what /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif the book said you need to do some serious As* kicken.... /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

5. Triaged

Triaged 1/2 ton status

I think they also sell lug nuts with a longer shank on them for thicker wheels.

6. joryyroj

Thanks for all of the great ideas. I was able to find longer wheel studs in the dorman catalog as Don H had recommended. Thanks Don. I had to go with wheel studs that were .300 of an inch wider on the knurl for the fronts but we were able to hammer them in the hole.

Thanks again everybody. Now my wheel hopefully will stay on!

7. chulisohombre

chulisohombre 1/2 ton status

i got longer studs from napa.they were like 3 bucks appiece but you will have what you need.

8. Don

Don 1/2 ton status

Glad to hear You found the correct length stud's. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif