Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

WHEEL STUDS

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by CHEVY 4WD, Jul 11, 2003.

1. CHEVY 4WD

CHEVY 4WD 1/2 ton status

Will I put disk brakes on the 14bolt FF and the wheel too short do any of you guys use diffent studs? I need to chage them anyways but I was wondering if theres somthing differnt yall are useing. Then agin I dont know if these are even the origional ones that come on it

2. chulisohombre

chulisohombre 1/2 ton status

i used the same ones that came on my 14 bolt.they were about 2 1/2 inches long.you have to make sure you either press them in all the way or pound them in good with a punch.

3. CHEVY 4WD

CHEVY 4WD 1/2 ton status

Yea Ive put them in the old 10bolt with a breaker bar but now I can use a impact gun /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. 4X4HIGH

4X4HIGH 1 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

If you have a 14FF with the 11" drums the studs will be too short, the 13" drums use a longer stud since the drums on those are all cast and much thicker where they attach to the hub unlike the 11" drums which are a composite drum and are much thinner where the drum attaches to the hub. Also make sure the head of the stud is no larger than 1" in diameter or they may not seat properly depending on the rotors you get.