Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

wheel/tire problem

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by kontradictions, Mar 4, 2007.

1. kontradictions

kontradictions 1/2 ton status

well i just mounted a set of the double internal beadlocked Dean Reed wheels on a set of Mickey Thompson 38.5x16x16.5 Baja Claws on my 88 blazer.

For those that dont know the wheels, here's a in-depth install and article on them - http://www.pirate4x4.com/articles/tech/billavista/PR-Hummer_Rims

Well they are all on the truck and I got all new lugs to mount them as well. The first time driving them down the road they seem very wobbly and not centered at all. All the lugs are properly torqued down and seem to seat fine, but for some reason the wheels/tires just arent wanting to go straight for some reason.

The wheels themselves are bolted down properly to the proper torque specs as well, so i dont know if im missing something, but if there is anyone out there with some pointers im all ears!

2. blazinzuk

blazinzuk Buzzbox voodoo Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I would say thats just a balance problem. It would seem you still need to run some sort of balancing media.

3. kontradictions

well i did the whole air soft pellets like some others have done, but im taking them to 4 wheel parts in the morning to see if it is indeed a balancing issue and see if they can handle it for me...

4. littlejimmythatcould

littlejimmythatcould 1/2 ton status

You're lucky to be able to get someone to work on them. The local places here in my town won't touch them, won't even leak test the old humvee tires for me!:mad:

5. kontradictions

well it looks like they are as good as i am going to get them to balance out. Anyone else have problems like this with balancing?