Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

wheelbase

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by st08x, Nov 7, 2002.

1. st08x

st08x Registered Member

i'm sure every one of you with a k5 has noticed (i dunno with different axles) that the back wheels do not stick out has much in the rear but i would like both the front and the rear to stick out more. i used to have some 33x12.50 thornbird but now i have 35x12.50 bfg mud terrains and they just dont stick out as much and makes turning more of a pain that it was with the thornbirds. anything to fix this? spacers or something? pricing? anything?

2. Frankenstien

Frankenstien 1/2 ton status

chevy deceided that 2 different track widths was the way to keep the truck from following it's own rut and to corner better /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif look in the product review there are some good ones in there 150-200 for a set better double check that price thou /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

3. K5er4Life

K5er4Life 1/2 ton status

Here are some really cool spacers for your blazer, they range in size from 1"-4". If you want the front and back to be equal get the 1.5" spacer, because the back diff is exactly 3 inches shorter. [/url] www.performancewheel.com/adapters.html

4. bigjbear

bigjbear 1 ton status Staff Member Moderator

that would be track width, not wheel base.