Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

WHEELIES?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by CHEVY 4WD, Feb 10, 2003.

1. CHEVY 4WD

CHEVY 4WD 1/2 ton status

Can anyone pull a wheelie? I know it takes alot of power to just be able to pull it up but Im also talking about hitting a bump or somthen like that. If anyone has a picture or video of it that would be cool too.

2. UNCLE CRACKER

UNCLE CRACKER 1/2 ton status

3. Ryan B.

Ryan B. 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Sure, My friends have told me i can get the front end up about an inch. All ya gotta do is basically try to destroy everything in the drivetrain by bringing it up to about 3200rpms in 1st gear and stomping all the way on and off the gas. If ya get it timed right when the suspension goes up and down. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif Well ya get the idea.

There is this one big speed bump near my house i can do the same, come up to it in 1st gear and stomp on it as i hit the bump at about 3,000rpms. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif I think i can air it in the residential zones. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif
    I had a friend take a pic a few years back just to see if i could get air off the bump. I pulled a good 2" wheelie, I'll find that pic and post it later tonight. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    **EDIT**
    [​IMG]

What kind of wheelies are we talkin?
    http://groups.msn.com/Ryans1972Blazer/pismodunes4wheelin.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=266

http://groups.msn.com/Ryans1972Blazer/newpictures.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=577

http://groups.msn.com/Ryans1972Blazer/newpictures.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=579

How about AS$ end wheelies!? Now that takes some talent. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif
    http://groups.msn.com/Ryans1972Blazer/pismodunes4wheelin.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=268\
    /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

4. BowtieBlazer

BowtieBlazer 1/2 ton status

A guy down here is rumored to be able to do them with his longbed k20 on 44's....465/350 combo....i still haven't seen the video, but NOT4SHW on here has it and says he wouldn't have believed it had he not seen it in person...I believe he used teh same romping on and off the gas till he caught the suspension tire bounce just right....granted it puts major wear and tear on thegears, he broke the ring gear on his 14bolt FF the next day

5. pismorat

pismorat 1/2 ton status

Here's one of my truck, not the best shot, but it gives you an idea. http://gonutzoffroading.tripod.com/pictures/pismo14.jpg If it was taken 2 seconds later, it would have been much better. I also have some around here with it 5 feet straight up, I'll try and post them. /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

6. Ryan B.

Ryan B. 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

There i just edited and posted that picture of my truck hitting that bump. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    That must have been 3 years ago. My blazer was 4" lift and 33's back then.

7. balzackks84

balzackks84 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

I shattered the yoke on the t-case trying to do one. I put it in 4 low and romped on it with a warmed up sb400 and blew it to peices. My whitness changed his story sbout it actually comming off the ground so much i dont know if it actually did or not. And im not willing to pay the $$$ to fix it when it breaks again.

8. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

I've never seen or heard of an automatic doing ir, only manuals.

9. 70~K5

70~K5 1/2 ton status

I had a willys CJ2a with a 365hp 327 M22 munsie 4 speed both out of a vette 5.38s in the axles. I could pull the fronts if I power shifted second.

10. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

I have! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif Back in the day when my blazer was my pop's and had a fairly new engine.
    setup: Had head problems, GM replaced head gaskets and replaced heads. While towing the camper shortly there after lost compression threw a rod. GM replaced motor with long block due to their screwup and our towing bill to get the camper home. A short time before this we bought some desert steel traction bars (towing, axles rap, wheel hops when pulling the boat out the water).
    The night:
    One night a few months after getting the new engine in and truck cleaned up and waxed dad let me take it out for a spin /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif. (it also had an exhaust leak so betweek 1200-3500 RPM it sounded like a jet engine taking off)
    The Act:
    Cruising around the strip in pop's blazer I had a mustang pull up next to me at a light and start reving up the motor and people sitting on the square started looking around for a race. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif Thinking I was going to be cool, I pull it down into 1st (its an auto) and start power brake reving the motor. At the green light I HAMMER the gas peddle trying to push it through the floor. The blazer LAUNCHED, pushing me and passenger back in the seats trying to look out over the hood, with a fury that kind of scared me (being 16). I hit second and then pushed it into over-drive.
    The liner:
    Once we got back around we had a couple people wave us into the parking area on the square. Some people started asking "how'd you do that?" others where walking around the blazer looking under it. Asking if it had a turbo or supercharger (because of the exhaust noise)
    I ask "do what?" Everyone starts saying you lifted the front wheels at least 6 inches off the ground and the rear wheels never broke loose! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif So I told them it had a new GM crate motor and traction bars along with my own trick exhaust setup. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif
    Everyone looked around and asked me to pop the hood, to which I refused and said that was my own secrete and we left. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

Although I don't have pics or video (it was like 92-3) I got alot of congrates, how'd you do thats', and that was the first truck I've seen pull the front wheels off the ground! After that when cruising around I got some points and people doing the 'do a burnout' hand motions. I never seen that mustang again either.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

11. balzackks84

balzackks84 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

So did you beat the Stang? /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif

12. Mudzer

Mudzer 1/2 ton status Author

Here's some Blazer wheelies!

Axlebreaker at Potosi:
    [​IMG] ... This resulted in a broken Gov Loc rearend! I have the video and TV card, who has shareware to copy the vid?

The Wall at Potosi:

[​IMG]

Ken!
    [​IMG]

Keith!
    [​IMG]

Layne!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif
    [​IMG]

13. RatMan

RatMan 1/2 ton status

i did once, but it wasnt fun. well, it was awesome until i landed. that parts not as fun. anyway it ended with the driver-side seat bolt getting punched through the floor /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif thats what i get for bein a jackass.

sorry no pics /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

14. BowtieRed

BowtieRed 1/2 ton status Author

i was thinking disconnect the rear brakes and stop the gas then the brake at about 35mph, when you are at full squat in the front punch the gas. . .i think that would work best

15. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

yep, I dont remember seeing them after we took off. I know they where not at the next light.
    The intersection at the light was not two lanes, its a race to the next single lane who ever is in front takes it, the other has to fall in behind to a one lane. Not real smart, but this was like PRE-street racing at like 2am with little or no traffic other than cruisers.

16. supersize75

supersize75 1/2 ton status

[​IMG] /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif