Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Wheelin' at REDBIRD, July 4th Pictures

Discussion in 'Midwest Region' started by gzzgfw, Jul 6, 2004.

1. gzzgfw

gzzgfw 1/2 ton status

Wheelin\' at REDBIRD, July 4th Pictures

I finally made it to the Redbird State Riding Area this past Sunday. It took about 1.5 hours from Indianapolis down to Linton. I was expecting a full house since it was a holiday weekend. However I was the only one in the parking lot. I found two other people in the woods, another K5 and a Toy p/u. We explored trails 1 & 2, then trail 4.

The woods trails are wide muddy, hilly trails which are pretty fun for the fullsize. Imagine badlands orange trail but wider. We played on the powerline hills which were pretty wet but was proud to say we showed the Toy and the Open headered K5 how to climb up and over most of the hills.

I know most are working on their rigs and this is about as close to fourwheeling that some may get to this summer so here are a couple of pictures.

http://www.geocities.com/ncifw/events_redbird.html

2. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

Re: Wheelin\' at REDBIRD, July 4th Pictures

WOW that looks cools. How long are the power line trails?
    THREE vehicles! WOW, how long is that place going to be around? How did the vendor day go? Did you ever hear from anyone on that?
    Hopefully the trails are still about like that this fall, maybe I can get a couple runs in with the project truck :crossed fingers:

3. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

I wish you'd let me know when you're going to go, everyone from IL that has a rig is moving, quitting the sport, or selling their rigs. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

Now that I have a trailer I really need to try to make more runs.

4. gzzgfw

gzzgfw 1/2 ton status

The power line trail is about 3/4 to 1 mile long. They keep telling me that 50 to 100 people show up on any given Sat. but I don't believe it. They were hoping to hire someone to run the gate and trails but still haven't got revenue to do that.

It really is a neat place for a full size rigs. Many open hills and pits to place on or in. I could be up for another visit in the Fall, maybe late oct. early Nov.

I heard that vendor day went ok but several got in trouble for drinking /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Tim Sorry man! I know you are anxious for getting out again. My wife goes once a year and I got her talked into going. So we left when we were ready, got there in no big hurry and just checked out the place. I'll keep you in mind for stuff around the Northern and western part Indiana in the future.

Stuff for future ref.
    July 24 Badlands ride, several from CK5 may show.
    Aug 16, Real Truck Challenge at Badlands.
    Sept 3, Labor Day Mud Drags, at Upland Indiana put on my old club, North Central Indiana Freewheelers.
    Sept 25, Indy Jamboree,
    Oct. 1, An IFWDA trail ride down in French Lick Ind.
    Oct. 25, Hardcores Halloween Havoc, Near LaPorte Ind.

I'd suggest joining the Illinois Fourwheel drive association, there is usually something to do everyweekend, Just got to find it. As far as people moving, quiting and selling, That happens but I've been stuck since I've been 15 years old, pretty much other than work and family and church is all I do. Hang in there.

5. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

There is some local wheelin', but much better terrain out by you, so if you're gonna go I'd prefer to go with you guys. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

As to being stuck, I agree completely. I get one day off a week and I'm always wrenchin' so I'll be ready at a moment's notice.

I am an alternate for real truck challenge so I should see ya at badlands that weekend as well. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif