Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

WHEELIN FOR KIDS

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by hi pinion, Jun 3, 2004.

1. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

Ive seen a lot of new parents on the scene around here lately /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gifcongradualations /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif.............Just wondering if eventually some of the parents had any ideas on some WHEELING FOR KIDS type events....little trails and stuff.Little trucks of coarse. Do they make any small 4x4 gas vehicles for kids? Not those electric jeeps either /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif but a good,gas powered little 4x4.I think Mabey encorporating some kids events into the scene would be awesome.Just a thought.We could have them compete in a little course,the winner lets say gets 100 bucks or something. Being a father and doing my truck stuff,i want to include my boy in there a little.I think it would be fun.Any comments,or ideas .POST IT UP!!!!!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gifJake /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

2. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

when i organized an event last year for our local group i also included a piñata event for the kids to do /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif made it fun for them as well i also had a kids raffle so they all won prizes /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. unick

unick 1/2 ton status

you could probably take one of those power wheels and put a motor of some kind in it. maybe A lawnmower engine.

Nick

4. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

I thank those are some great ideals Jake /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    I hope in a couple years to take My first born to some meets. Let Him/Her meet some other kids and do some camping with other wheeling/camping familys. I have already givin thought to a "family cage" /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

5. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

Cool!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif Do they make a gas powered 4x4? It would be cool if they did!!! A MINI!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gifJacob /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

6. LKJR

LKJR 1/2 ton status

too lazy now to find it but there's a post on pirate about this very thing, guy took a power wheel and has been upgrading it over time, 4 links, lift, tires, and I think even up to a gas engine now.

7. Poohbair

Poohbair 1/2 ton status

I take my kids wheelin almost every time I go...They love it.

8. 79Stomper

79Stomper 1/2 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I wouldn't go wheeling without my family. Wife just bought her a trail rig so we can split the kids up between mine and hers and we all have fun. /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

9. Goober

Goober 1/2 ton status

Wheeling wouldn't be any fun if I didn't take my 4-year old. Ever since he was a year old he has loved "spittin up mud".

He had one of those 6-volt jeeps that he drove all over the place. He would get frustrated when it got bogged down in 2" of mud so I replaced the drive motors and put a 12-volt deep-cycle battery in it and it worked GREAT! Mama didn't particularly care for it since he would come back in the house COVERED in mud. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif He wore out two sets of the hard plastic tires driving through sand and rocks for hours on end.

Now the heep is dead and gone and I'm looking for something a little bigger that we can put on a trailer when we go out. It's gotta be gas powered. After a few exciting spark showers with that jeep I don't even want to mess with an electric vehicle again. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

There are a bunch of places on-line with really cool vehicles:

Free plans
    Message board
    Redi-built carts
    Kartline

I like this one:

[​IMG]

If I do all the building myself it will cost less than $500.00. /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif

10. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

Hey man,thats a pretty cool site!!! I was wondering if anyone was mass producing any gas 4x4s????? Getting those carts up off the ground might be difficult,not to mention a front axle.Cool site though!!! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gifjake

11. rjfguitar

rjfguitar 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

There are those funky mini monster trucks out there with 4 wheel steering, 4 links, gas power. They are expensive though.

12. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

Really,how much? and whats the link??? I count you as one of my kids too,so if i get one,youll be able to drive it /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gifJust dont call me daddy /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif J/K ........Hey stranger, WHERE YA BEEN??????? /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif