Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Wheelin in Gunnison

Discussion in 'Rocky Mountain Region' started by 3 on the tree, Oct 25, 2005.

1. 3 on the tree

3 on the tree 1/2 ton status

Anybody interested in doing some wheelin weekend of 12-13 Nov? Got 1 taker so far. Planning on doing Engineer Pass on Sat and Sunday hitting Hartman Rocks Park. The park has trails for 4 and 2 wheelers, so bring your toys. Come in Fri evening, crash at my place, then up and atem to the Pass.

2. Cricket

Cricket 3/4 ton status

Ha, you beat me to it.

I'll be up on Friday night.

3. mrk5

mrk5 The Sticker Guy Moderator Vendor GMOTM Winner Author

I'll have to see how things pan out. I picked up a D44 with 4.56s tonight, so hopefully I could have my gear situation resolved.

I would stay at Mom & Dad's in Buena and meet you all at the trail.

4. Storm Trooper

Storm Trooper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Dillon Colorado, Hang'in in the mountains. Renting
    I'd love to join you guys but I'm moving into a new house on Nov. 2nd and will have a bunch of work to do on it before we move in. I'm also heading to FL. on the 25th so I already have way too much going on this month to wheel. Have fun, maybe next time. :dunno:
    Dave

5. ktedesco

ktedesco 1/2 ton status

I would love to but I can't get that much time off work. I will already be in Gunnison (Ohio City) from Nov.4 thru Nov.9 for elk season.

6. 3 on the tree

Give me a yell when you're here. We can offer a hot meal and shower, if you are camping out the whole trip. Mike

7. ktedesco

ktedesco 1/2 ton status

I sure will. We are staying at a lodge with facilities. Lazy mans camping this time ;)

8. 3 on the tree

It wouldn't be Dave Means place would it? Grreat guy.

9. 70jimmy

70jimmy 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Released from Pueblo, told I belong in Southpark
    I am still working like crazy to get mine road / trail ready. If it looks like I will make it I will get ahold of you!!

10. azblazer

azblazer 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Still need an arb for the front of the 79....get the x-over installed and new front springs with the ford shock towers and shocks...plus i'm stuck out in the jonah oil field on caza 8 for a bit....been out here since the 13th....maybe if i can get out of here?

DW

11. 3 on the tree

Just so everyone knows: The trip up Engineer Pass is pretty easy, more like a scenic drive. I took my stock Cherokee up it with no problems, didn't have to use low range. The park is whatever you want to tackle, and like I said there are trails for quads and cycles, so even if your trail rig isn't ready, you can still have some fun. Its about 100 mile round trip from my place to the top of Engineer, so I would call that an all day trip. The park is about 10 minutes from my house, so we can come and go there on Sunday. Any questions, pm me or call me . Mike 970-641-8883

12. Cricket

Cricket 3/4 ton status

Who's all going, c'mon ladies post up?

13. mrk5

Sorry, after all the ribbin' I gave you about not wheeling with me, I'm not going to make it.

The rearend that I had the gears installed in @ the Bash developed a leak at the pinion. So I was suspicious that more was wrong and took it to a mechanic. Well the pinion wasn't installed properly. The crush sleeve crushed properly, not crushed enough, and that caused the pinion to loosen up. The threads are a little buggered up, so I'm waiting for them to find a die to chase the threads. At least I'm getting a 1350 u-bolt yoke installed during all this fiasco.

Oooooohhhhhhhhh, woe is me! :crazy: :doah:

I'll still be in Bueny with Mom & Dad, put I don't think I want to take the GTP over Engineer.

14. 89GMCSuburban

89GMCSuburban 1/2 ton status

I just flat out can't afford it. Work is doing the classic seasonal slowing so I have to save money or I starve over the winter. :(

15. B_to_C

B_to_C 1/2 ton status Author

:rolleyes: Dude 1410 or nothing! :D :haha:

16. Cricket

Cricket 3/4 ton status

Didn't you have a reputable shop in the Moab area do that work? Sounds like they did a crap job.

Just take some superglue and a rubber then apply to pinion, you'll be safe unless it busts. :D

17. mrk5

That'd be like running a Dana60 in the front and the 12bolt in the rear.

Well it was the only shop open Saturday afternoon. The one other shop we got a hold of said to take it to them. I have a feeling they had never worked on a 12bolt before, if that's any kind of excuse.

18. 70jimmy

70jimmy 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Released from Pueblo, told I belong in Southpark
    So is anybody going? I can't go wheeling that is. Haven't had a chance to work on the jimmy much in the last week or so :mad:

But I will be in Gunnison on Saturday. My kid is playing basketball. So if anybody is gonna be around I wouldn't mind checking out some rides and maybe meeting somebody. Games are at 9 and noon so some free time.

19. OLD DAWG

OLD DAWG 1/2 ton status

All I gotta say is GOOD LUCK on engineer tomorrow! Last report I got was heavy snow in the San Juans above 10,000ft. The Lake City side shouldn't be too bad but the Ouray side gets a little dicey when you can't see the edge :eek1: Yes I'm jealous that I have to work instead of going but at least I'm off starting Monday for 10 days. My freezer is requesting the presence of an Elk and I'm not one to argue.