Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Wheelin' in Vegas w/pic's

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by stallion85, Jan 24, 2004.

1. stallion85

stallion85 1/2 ton status

Wheelin\' in Vegas w/pic\'s

Pic's from our trip today. Rick88blaze and a few other friends. We had a POS F%$d and a 74' Scout with us. Both of which were shamed by the prescence of two K5's! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

Re: Wheelin\' in Vegas w/pic\'s

looks like a sweet place to go do some 4 wheelin! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

3. stallion85

Yea it's pretty fun, you don't have to have a very modified rig to run it. Plus it's within 5 miles of Nellis AFB...where I live! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif When you get to the end of the trail their is a sweet view of the Vegas skyline. It was too smoggy to take one today but maybe next time /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

4. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

yea..looks like a nice place to just enjoy some mild wheelin and enjoy the scenery and stuff..

5. rjfguitar

rjfguitar 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

sweet... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif Looks like there was a little hill climbing to do, my favorite type of wheeling. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. rock.monkey

rock.monkey 1/2 ton status

nice rig! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif [​IMG]

7. stallion85

I like this one better /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    [​IMG]

8. rick88blaze

rick88blaze 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    nice rig! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif [​IMG]

[/ QUOTE ]

That would be me!!! Thanks for the compliment. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Rick

9. rick88blaze

Here are the pics I took from yesterday with stallion85.

This is what's left of the bumper on the bronco that went with us. It's still stock, so he drags his ass quite a bit. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif As you can see in the pic. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

[​IMG]

This is Stallion85 climbing one of the hills we hit. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    [​IMG]

Stallion85 missed the action in the bottom 2 pictures.

This is a picture of a guy who loves his truck too much. I had to invert the colors so you could see it. If you look under the license plate you can see the guy bent over his rear axle. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

[​IMG]

This is what the diff cover looked like afterwards. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

[​IMG]

Just kidding, he was climbing a hill out here and got the diff cover caught on a rock and punched a hole in it. I came to the rescue when I sold him my old 10 bolt cover. I even drove home to get it, and gave him a gallon of 80-90w to fill up his diff with. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

I have more, but they are just pics of the trucks on the trail, nothing fancy. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Rick

10. rick88blaze

Thought this evening's CK5'ers would like to see these too. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    Rick

11. chubbybob

chubbybob 1/2 ton status

you guys should go out with our club we can show you some hard core trails up by the apex exit to the west side.

12. rick88blaze

I won't be able to, but the other guys might by interested. I leave in 6 days for Korea, hopefully never to return again. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

13. chubbybob

chubbybob 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I won't be able to, but the other guys might by interested. I leave in 6 days for Korea, hopefully never to return again. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I know what you mean im moving back to washington in june and will be glad to go.

but one thing I will miss is the central location to all the good rockcrawling areas.

14. rick88blaze

That's true. The wheeling around here is awesome. That's one of only 2 things I like about this place. The other is the fact that everything is open 24/7. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

What is the name of your club? Also, you might PM stallion85, he would probably be interested in going out with you guys. We are planning on going out again this saturday if you'd be interested in going. PM me if you want to. This will be my last trip here in Vegas. I leave on the 3rd of February for Korea. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Rick

15. stallion85

Rick, funny you should mention that. I pm'd Bob about 2 hours ago /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif We are on for saturday. Loar said he will join us in his CJ. I told him we will show him how to wheel /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

16. chubbybob

chubbybob 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    That's true. The wheeling around here is awesome. That's one of only 2 things I like about this place. The other is the fact that everything is open 24/7. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

What is the name of your club? Also, you might PM stallion85, he would probably be interested in going out with you guys. We are planning on going out again this saturday if you'd be interested in going. PM me if you want to. This will be my last trip here in Vegas. I leave on the 3rd of February for Korea. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Rick

[/ QUOTE ]

the name of our club is TOTAL KARNAGE LAS VEGAS.
    you can see the sight here www.totalkarnage.net
    or if you are into jeeps you can check out the other club on our site GRIMM JEEPERS this is one of the jeep clubs that we are affiliated with.

we had a club meeting last night and I believe there are runs both on saturday and sunday also pretty much every weekend. we also do a lot of out of town runs to lake havasu in arizona and moab utah.

check out our message forums for upcoming runs.

17. rick88blaze

I know a couple of guys in GRIMM JEEPERS, Dan and Rodney. I've got pic's of Rodney's hybrid posted in the Midwest forum right now for Mudzer. They deliver gas to us here at the base. They are both really good guys. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Rick

18. chubbybob

chubbybob 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I know a couple of guys in GRIMM JEEPERS, Dan and Rodney. I've got pic's of Rodney's hybrid posted in the Midwest forum right now for Mudzer. They deliver gas to us here at the base. They are both really good guys. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Rick

[/ QUOTE ]

we dont see those guys to much. last time I saw dan was at the event that we put on in november just south of town.

you and your friends should go wheeling with us real soon we know where all the good trails are in the vegas area. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

19. rick88blaze

What sucks for me is that Jeff and I are finally getting a good size group of guys to go wheeling with us, and I'm leaving on Tuesday.

I guess when I get to Nebraska next March I'll have to look for some local clubs and see who all I can get addicted to 4 wheeling there too. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

At least while I'm in Korea I should be able to get my wheeling fix in. I talked to cityfarmer on here. He's lived in Korea for like 12 years now. He told me that he'll try to get me out on some of his weekend runs over there. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

I'm still going to keep in touch with everybody I've talked to on here while I'm over in Korea. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

The way I see it is that I might not be able to have my K5 for a year, but this gives me a year to stock up on parts. I'll just have them shipped to my folks house. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Rick

20. chubbybob

chubbybob 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    What sucks for me is that Jeff and I are finally getting a good size group of guys to go wheeling with us, and I'm leaving on Tuesday.

I guess when I get to Nebraska next March I'll have to look for some local clubs and see who all I can get addicted to 4 wheeling there too. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

At least while I'm in Korea I should be able to get my wheeling fix in. I talked to cityfarmer on here. He's lived in Korea for like 12 years now. He told me that he'll try to get me out on some of his weekend runs over there. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

I'm still going to keep in touch with everybody I've talked to on here while I'm over in Korea. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

The way I see it is that I might not be able to have my K5 for a year, but this gives me a year to stock up on parts. I'll just have them shipped to my folks house. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Rick

[/ QUOTE ]

thats to bad your leaving but im sure your glad to get out of here before the summer hits in march /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

hope you enjoy your tour over there atleast you get to see some different cultures and areas. do some wheeling over there and post up pictures for us to see what its like /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif