Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Wheelin Novemeber 1st & 2nd

Discussion in 'Rocky Mountain Region' started by supersize75, Oct 18, 2003.

1. supersize75

supersize75 1/2 ton status

Figure I need to test this thing out seeing the cross over should be done and maby the locker for the 14 bolt will be here..just ordered

So who's up? Lets all wheel and get sick off the kids candy.

Also was thinking we could all go out friday night and take the kids trick-or-treating..just a thought, could you imagin 10 k5's casing a street while the kids run from house to house /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

Table mesa? florence?

I really am itching to start wheeling this thing..maby Harly can have his tbi ready /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

please /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif .. 3 immigoes get this thing rollen /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif

2. santana

santana 1/2 ton status

What's an "Immigoes" /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif
    No, seriously, I'll go /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

I highly doubt it will be done. I am still in just the beginning stages of the swap. I have had other problems that have taken priority. I spent 1/2 the day today changing the water pump in my Jeep so I can get to and from work and school next week.

There is so much involved in this swap it isn't even funny. I am still waiting on parts and still need more parts. Moroso is dragging its feet on my order and I am going to Checker to order my throttle cable tomorrow. Still looking for a fuel pump that isn't super expensive too. So far the cheapest I have found is $120.

Here is a list of the stuff needed to get done:
    Find TDC on my motor.
    Time motor to between 0-6* BTDC
    Rip out AC stuff & cruise control stuff
    Remove old manifold and carb then prep block
    Drill new manifold for old style heads
    Install manifold
    Install fuel pump & filters
    Install fuel return lines
    Install new TV cable and throttle cable
    Buy and install saginaw to AN fittings for fuel rails
    replace ALL low pressure rubber fuel line with FI rated line
    Remove mech. fuel pump and install blockoff plate
    Run fuel line to fuel rail
    Install computer and relay board under dash

And this is the easy stuff...

Then I have to try and figure out the wiring and vacuum setup along with all the other little stuff that will keep it from running. Lots of fun in my near future. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

I will definitly go though. I will obviously need a seat though unless something really miraculous happens.

Harley

4. or2play

or2play 1/2 ton status

Count me out. I'll be living in the sands of 29 stumps for 3 weeks. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

5. az-k5

az-k5 1/2 ton status

I'm there for Nov. 2nd. Table mesa is fine with me, I'm even willing to go out to Florence, I haven't got to test the K5 with the 37's, sliders, cage, body armor, 5-points, or the detroit in th 14bolt since I took out the welded spiders. Basically since the last big build up Mar-Aug 2003, which includes ALL of the current tube work.
    side note----- any one know where I can get heavy wall (.250") with 1" I.D. DOM for use with rock rod threaded inserts /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

6. BadDog

BadDog SOL Staff Member Super Moderator Author

Only 2 places that I know of:

Tube Service
    1107 E Jackson St.
    (602) 267-9865

Southwest
    22233 N 23rd Ave
    (623) 582-3636

7. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Count me out. I'll be living in the sands of 29 stumps for 3 weeks. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
    HA HA....
    count me... OUT... ill be in San Diego....
    Grant

8. or2play

or2play 1/2 ton status

I'll trade you, I'll go to San Diego, you can go to cax. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

9. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

hell no. im getting paid 1700 dollars to go to san diego. plus im getting 80 hours of instruction on how to paint aircraft. BUT of that 1700 dollars i have to pay for gas and then 450 goes to the rental. so i will see about 800 in the end. and thats how i get a tube bender on the 5th.
    Grant

10. az-k5

az-k5 1/2 ton status

After running predetor and raw deal I have a redued interest in another run. It doesn't matter who or how. Sunday works for me. Maybe I will see a running version of marves buggy??
    I am all ears /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif
    thanx