Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Wheelin pics!!!! Dialup killer

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 85mudblazin, Jun 26, 2006.

1. 85mudblazin

85mudblazin 1/2 ton status

Forgot to post these up but they are from the Texas4x4.org run at Katemcy Rocks about 2 weeks ago. We had a blast, one of the best times out there yet.
    We hit the first trail with about 20 rigs and by the end there were 3 left:haha:

But It was nice just having 3 people because we covered alot of ground and got some awesome wheeling in.

Anyways here are some pics. Ill do my best to explain each one since im bored tonight:D

First trail up is Klunatic. Here is the first part which is a long climb with a sharp right off camber turn. It gets nerve racking because there is a 50' drop off a few feet away staring at you the whole time.
    [​IMG]
    Once on top you go back down a hill and in the middle of it there is a big crack that flops alot of rigs with no flex. Of course it breaks some to:D
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    At the bottom of this hill there is a huge drop off that is probably 5' straight down. below it is a rock about the size of a TV that you have to navigate around. Alot of short wheelbase rigs like jeeps, etc. Will endo here if you dont have a strap on them. I wasnt even sitting in my seat anymore at this point, only the harness was holding me in:D
    [​IMG]
    After that you wind up a hill and crawl over some big bolders.
    [​IMG]
    At the end of the trail there is a very steep climb, pictures just dont do this section justice. I end up having to be yanked off this because I inverted my rear shackle bending the main leaf of my 56" spring.
    [​IMG]

More to come!!!

Last edited: Jun 26, 2006
  2. Brocky

Brocky 1/2 ton status

What a sweet looking place to wheel. Looks like you had fun.

3. 85mudblazin

Next up we headed over to the comp area (where they have there UROC comps).
    Headed up to Euguen's balls which is just a steep climb, I am climbing up the bonus line when they had the comp, YAY for me:D
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    Here is another K5 truggy that gave it a try but ended up messing up his front driveshaft.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Next to give it a try was "BOWTIE" off here. He ended up breaking the tailhousing on his TH400, dumping about 2 gallons of tranny fluid of the hill:doah:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Grr 21 picture limit, More to come!!

4. 85mudblazin

Next up is mole rat hole, its a sharp dropp off folowwed by a steep climb and over some rocks. Its a short but challenging trail.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Then we went back to Euguen's balls and I tried it again, BUT as you can see it was covered in tranny fluid making it impossible to climb, THANKS BOWTIE!!:p:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Yota tried it but just couldnt make it.
    [​IMG]
    22RE's love oil in the cylinders:D
    [​IMG]
    Jeep playing in one of the many little cracks/holes in the comp area.
    [​IMG]
    Then we headed over to Billy's hill (some may know him as BILLYRAY on here from along time ago).
    It just a steep NASTY climb that has rolled MANY rigs. Only 1 person has made it in over a year.
    This is the only climb that showed me that I need more gearing(will be fixed soon!!;) ), I just couldnt spin them at all.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Little zuki with more gearing played on it, almost rolling it atleast 10 times.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

More to come!!

5. 85mudblazin

Next day we headed over to a trail called Whine and Cheese, again another nasty trail. I was the only one to bang through it.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    YAY made it to the top, now what:haha:
    [​IMG]
    Yota just couldnt make it through.
    [​IMG]
    You go down a hill and make a straight 90* turn then up another steep climb.
    [​IMG]

20 pic limit again:D

6. 85mudblazin

Next is High5 hill, again another steep off camber climb. Almost rolled it here:D
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Just couldnt get any grip so I backed off and went around then climbed up some bolders as big as my rig:haha:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And thats a weekend. Here is Dale pretty much telling how the weekend was:D
    [​IMG]

Hope yall enjoyed my trip:haha:

If anyone is near Texas they NEED to come wheel here!!

See ya on the trails.........YALL:D

7. 85mudblazin

8. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

damn, sweet action shots. Hasn't bowtie broke multiple tranny cases in the past? yikes!

j

9. stallion85

stallion85 1/2 ton status

Great Wheeling pic's!!! Looks like some pretty challenging obstacles.....boy am I growing tired of the trails here in Vegas. Moab is coming around the bend:bow:

BTW I really like how your rig turned out, great job on the tube work:waytogo:

10. BOWTIE

BOWTIE 1/2 ton status

thanks for the pics chris, ive been trying to forget that weekend. :rolleyes:
    you needed something to stop your rig anyway. you made things look too easy. ;)

11. BOWTIE

BOWTIE 1/2 ton status

ummm no not me. this is the first tranny for me.

just for reference that's what poly xcase mounts and worn out rubber motor mounts give you. rookie mistake! :doah:

12. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

oh ok, I must have been thinkin' of someone else. :thumb:

I hear ya on the mis-matched mounts. Good high quality mounts can be expensive... but not as expensive as a busted tranny case!! :shocked:

j