Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Wheelin today... whew

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Thumper, Aug 18, 2002.

1. Thumper

Thumper 1/2 ton status

What a trip. The trail was mostly dry cept for the muskeg bog that we found. 1 truck length of real deep nasty stuff. Thumper dove in head first, and with a mighty roar from the 327, tires slingin bog mud for 20 feet in all directions, forest animals running in fear for miles around, Jeep owners staring in amazement, she sank like a stone! /forums/images/icons/blush.gif Right to the bumpers. So, after an hour of winchin from the rear with the new Ramsay 8000lb rear mounted winch, jackalls maxxed out to get logs under the tires, a second 8000 Warn 8274, and some judicious application of the go pedal I finally got unstuck. Guess I win the club Worst Stuck award for the month again! Second time in a row! Dunno if thats a good thing or not. But I do love the half doors! BTW, I added 1 pic to my album. The rest didnt turn out good at all. I will take some more soon. Check it out!

Laters
    Mike

2. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

ya you were stuck alright lol /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

3. Calclips

Calclips 1/2 ton status

Swartz Creek, Michigan/Flint while in school
    That right there is a quality stuck... only way to fly /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

4. landsmasher

landsmasher 1/2 ton status

Hey Thumper, Couple of questions about your truck. Did you cut out the majority of the hard top to get that molded look on the back? Is that the stock rear hoop turned around and mounted in front of the rear wells? Both seem pretty ingenious...

5. Thumper

Thumper 1/2 ton status

Thanks! /forums/images/icons/blush.gif Ya, I cut an old hardtop off across the top and back to get the look I wanted. The main reason for the cuts was so I didnt have to drill the snap holes into the body. All my snaps are on the fiberglass frame except for the tailgate (that isnt there any more). The roll bar is custom built for my truck. I modeled it after a 4Runner bar. I needed one so my soft top would be supported so the kids can sit in the back seat.

BTW, that stuck pic is from our last run... not the one Sunday. That is my first 'Worst Stuck', the second one is still in the camera, but I will get it up soon.

Laters,

Mike

6. landsmasher

landsmasher 1/2 ton status

Good job! Going to copy it now... Gonna have to get the soft top soon with fall coming... I don't want to put the hard top back on.

7. Gold Rush

Gold Rush 1/2 ton status

Looks like you were having some fun Mike!!!!!!!

David