Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Wheelin tomarrow sunday may 30

Discussion in 'Rocky Mountain Region' started by az-k5, May 29, 2004.

1. az-k5

az-k5 1/2 ton status

Me (with my GF) and harley are heading up to table mesa tomarrow for a sweat fest on raw deal. Most of you guys know the trail, and anybody that is up for a little rockin and some possible crashin' are welcome to come. It is on short notice causw I have been real busy this week. It will be hot so bring plenty of H20.

Meet up at the table mesa parking lot (west side) around 9:00am

Hope to see you there,

PS I couldn't get the time off to prescott or I would be there right now /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

2. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

You guys be safe . /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

3. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

The run on Raw Deal went well. We ran the trail in about 1hr and 15min. Upper and Lower.

Matt and I ran everything. I even did the waterfall at the end of Upper without body damage.

We went to play around in another wash just to kill some time and make the drive worth while. This is where we ran into problems.

I stradled a large crack and got over it. I was manuvering for another obsticle and I couldn't steer for crap, especially left. Matt took a look at my steering. I sheared 2 of the 3 steering arm studs on my crossover draglink arm. The only reason I had any left steering at all was my tire pushed the arm a little left. Apparently I sheared the first stud in Raw Deal, then sheared the second going over the crack.

We were hoping that the studs sheared high enough to grab them with vice grips and we could replace them. No Dice. I would have needed EZ outs to get the studs out of the knuckle. I didn't have any. Where the hell is Rob when you need him. I had a drill and bits but no EZ Outs. We had to pull the crossover arm and draglink. Then move the steering arm on the box 90*. Then we slapped on my raised steering arm and stock draglink so I could get stock steering. Thought it would be cool, wrong.

I drove about 25 feet and the stock draglink was too long and bent right in the middle on the collar.

So thankfully I had another spare draglink. We shortened it up (because I had very little left steering) and I drove home on it.

The only thing I was worried about was the Ford #1104 arm is setup for a TRE, and one end of the draglink is DLE. It wouldn't seat all the way down in the steering arm. Oh well, it is home.

Sky is going to be getting a none to pleasent phone call on Tuesday about there steering studs. I sheared then in 2 runs on Raw Deal. That is unacceptable. The only one that didn't shear was a grade 8 bolt I was running instead of a stud. So I think I am going to switch to bolts instead of studs.

Had alot of fun on the run though. My friend Potato was pretty impressed at the difference dual lockers makes. Got some good pics too which I hope to have up soon.

I thought me and Matt were going to make it threw a trail run unscathed, but I had a feeling it was going to be too good to be true. It was /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

Harley

4. Hossbaby50

5. Hossbaby50

P.S.

Fred, can I get off web wheeler status now that I have some decent trail carnage and have now driven long distances to scenic places to fix my junk and drive home? /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

Harley

6. justhorsinaround

justhorsinaround 3/4 ton status

That looks like it was fun!!! Wish we hadn't already had plans and we could've come. Course y'all would've had to winch Ole Wimpy through most of upper but still coulda tried. hehe

Bummer about the damage there Harley but thankfully you had an out to get out. Hope that made sense. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

Maybe next time we can come.

Good luck to y'all in the future. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Allan

7. therobzilla

therobzilla 1/2 ton status

Harley,

Fred and I are considering takeing you two guys off web wheeling status, we discused it this weekend... /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif. We are still in the consideration stage then it goes to the planning stage, then to approval. HA!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Wow, it sound like some carnage was happening on your end this weekend. Sorry I was not there to help out, Dude I got the 9/16 fine thread bolts that bolt the arm to the knuckle. Remember, I told you to use bolts instead of studs /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif..

We had a great time in Prescott this week. Wheeled fished, and fished and wheeled, and ate, Oh and did it mention it was about 30 degrees cooler up there, 40 to 50 degrees at night. /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif.

Only broke another shackle bolt, like Fred said, drove a long distance to a far away place to fix my junk.

Rob

8. Hossbaby50

I would have ran bolts from the beginning after you said to but I had already ordered the studs and installed them by that time. I had 1 bolt on the back hole of the steering arm, and it was the only one that didn't break. It did bend though I found out just now when I fixed my truck.

Don't worry I just installed 3 fresh 9/16" grade 8 bolts with lock washers just now. No more studs for this guy.

Sounds like a good time was had by you guys this weekend. Wish I could have made it but I had already planned the Sunday thing with Matt & I didn't have the gas money to drive to Prescott and back. Maybe next time.

I am moving one step closer to Rob status. I now carry a set of EZ Outs in my truck box. Could have used them this weekend. /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

Harley

9. therobzilla

therobzilla 1/2 ton status

Check out your new statement under your user name..... /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

10. Hossbaby50

That is awesome. I am honored to say the least. /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif

Harley

11. az-k5

az-k5 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Amigo Status Pending

[/ QUOTE ]
    /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif
    I feel honored as well.

12. justhorsinaround

justhorsinaround 3/4 ton status

Can we be

Amigos and Amigas Pendin the Purchase of Lockers and Sliders and Bigger Tires and a Tranfercase that Doesn't Pop Out and.........

I don't know if it'll all fit but it was just a thought. /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

Good luck to y'all in the future. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Allan

13. FWP

FWP CRS

[ QUOTE ]
    P.S.

Fred, can I get off web wheeler status now that I have some decent trail carnage and have now driven long distances to scenic places to fix my junk and drive home? /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

Harley

[/ QUOTE ]

/forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gifNo Problem.. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif