Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Wheeling 12-4-2004

Discussion in 'Rocky Mountain Region' started by pauly383, Nov 26, 2004.

1. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

Well I couldn't get off work today to go wheel with JMS . He at least came by to meet me though , good people they are /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif Anyway , I have this weekend off and plan to run FR42 again for some flexing on dirt . Anyone welcome , there is a good chance for some tippy pics . I am thinking 10.30 to 11 am at the paystation . Play a few hours and then whoever wants can follow me home for some beers around my firepit /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

EDIT , ADDITIONAL INFO :

I am going to run this , and then when some late arrivals show up , run it again before I bail home , all are welcome the second time through as well /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

EDIT , EVEN MORE INFO : The rock guys are welcome too , no real big crawlin over boulder stuff , but you can get real tippy and have fun anyway . There is even a couple side spots where some rocks can be found . Someone come show me how those big MTR's work in soft dirt, sand , and hard pack /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

2. justhorsinaround

justhorsinaround 3/4 ton status

Hmmmmm. Might could do that.

3. pauly383

With numbnuts that makes 3 trucks so far , Dave probably , so 4 . Cool , gonna take the CAmcorder this time and making us all do it slower this time for some action shots /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. k5redneck

k5redneck 1/2 ton status

sorry pauly i can't go the 74 doesent have lockers yet /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

i may go if i can talk shawn out of some gas money, i found a part time job but i havent got payed yet....

5. pauly383

Open works here , two foot it /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

6. k5redneck

k5redneck 1/2 ton status

or shawn it /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif

7. 87GMCJimmy

87GMCJimmy 1/2 ton status

Ok, I blew off going to parker to get my junk running and guess what...it does. I'm in. It will be a great day to get out.

Mike.

PS. Allen did ya get the heads on your truck and is it running?

8. pauly383

I think Allan was cleaning the old house this weekend , but he did get the heads on , and he had called me to tell me after he finished how much more power he has . Those heads were pretty , I wish I had the cash to buy them when I had the chance /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

Then for this run , after we run it , a couple people who can't make it early are coming and I am gonna run it again before I go home /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

9. justhorsinaround

justhorsinaround 3/4 ton status

Yup Mike they're on and workin. /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif Gotta torque them down again and run the valves one more time and we'll be good to go. Then of course there's the t-case and the front diff and the new and improved oil leak, and, and, and............

Well you know how it goes. /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

10. pauly383

A couple guys from crawlinaz are coming too . I was taking my heep friend , buy he has an ex wife now and this is his with kids weekend . Should still be a manageable number of us /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

11. pauly383

Cross the Bartlett Flats ? I thought the Bartlett Flats was were I fish from next to the water down the end of the road from the turnoff from Bartlett Dam road . I am running fr42 from the turnoff marked FR42 to Indian Springs wash . Usually when the water is way up high in the lake , there is a small trail that goes up and around and back down to the lakeside at Bartlett Lake itself .

Did you go down to the lake , across the Flatts , and into the trail that runs into FR42 about 1/3 of the way in ? Or are you talking about when you get to the coves way around the backside you have to go through halfway through FR42 ? I always thought that was the river since you can't drive to it from the lake /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif

12. pauly383

Well , in the middle of FR42 as you go along , you come to a clearing with water access that you normally can't drive to from Bartlett Flats , this is the area before you get back on trail to get to "Edge of the Earth" . This area is accesed from Bartlett Flats only by 4wd or foot by a trail from the Bartlett Flatts to fr42 already in progress /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

13. 87GMCJimmy

Looks like I will be there and I am bring a friend with a TJ. See you tomorrow. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Mike

14. pauly383

Cool , see you there /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

15. k5redneck

k5redneck 1/2 ton status

i hate to say this but i cant go. im going elk hunting

16. pauly383

Oh well new forum , keeping it simple , we had a 4 runner , toy pickup , heeper in a TJ , new toy TRD pickup , mike ( 87gmcjimmy ) , and my truck . Had a blast , but 4 runner dude from crawlinaz.com blew his motor after we were done . But it was fun , and my exhaust is closer to my front driveshaft now , but I think I did that in woodpecker

17. 87GMCJimmy

Last edited: Dec 20, 2004
  18. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

You must logout of webshots and then get the web address to copy. Right now it gives the You are not the owner Error message.

Harley

19. pauly383

I totally spaced the pics , did woodpecker pics last night , fr42 I'll get up tonight :xmas: