Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

wheeling at night pics..and breakage!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by supersize75k5, Feb 26, 2005.

1. supersize75k5

supersize75k5 OrganDonorRacing.com

well a couple of my buddies coaxed me into to going out and playing with their truggies and so I dragged mine out there...

well the rocks were alot of fun, then I had to go over it one last time... the result was falling into a bad spot. The result was a hung rear diff, a front diff plowed into a rock, a tie rod in a bad spot,a tire wedged up real bad, and a body mount siting on the rocks too..

so i get here motivated and she moves..then I slide down more, next thing I know I hear the lovely sound of a axel shaft snapping, took out the both shafts and u-joint, then after airing down ALOT more I ended up giving her one more try, my result was sheeriing the bolts on my steering box!:crazy:

needless to say I was stuck pretty good, but we were in good spirits and having fun, so the guys I was with "who I will keep my mouth shut as to who they are" decided to just leave!:mad: I have helped him replace both front shafts in the midle of know where before..and he had the nerve to just leave! He wouldnt even try to yank it! what are friends for right..:(

anyways...so I call my partner in chrime as well as another friend.. David "k5redneck" he fires up the 1 ton and comes to the rescue! After we did some recovery thinking, we yanked her out and it went perfect and safe!!

so, after that we limped it to a main road, we left and I just got in at 4:30 am.. long night!

so I will go snag it with a trailer in a few hours and get her home so I can change out the box and shafts.

ok heres the pics!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

here is a frind of mine who tagged along, well she slipped..the result is a really brusied face, a cute nose, and her eye is swollen now! She is a quite a girl though, no drama, tears or complaining! She just delt with it:blush:

crazy! oh and she wasnt driving in the pics, she was just relazing while we waited for the the fords in front of us to finish up.

[​IMG]

all and all it was alot of fun..now I just need to get my truck home!:crazy:

2. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

Some "buddies"....... :rolleyes:

"Yeah, come wheeling with us......oh, you broke and need a little help? Oh my, look at the time, gotta run...." :angry1:

At least your girlfriend's cool.

3. supersize75k5

lol ya they took off, it was real shallow of them, but hey I will get over it,

oh,and greg that aint my girl friend by no means at all:crazy: that girl is wayyy crazy though.

I was suposed to go to mexico on a last minute deal, and some how all this happened:blush: well its 12 here so I need to go get a trailer!

4. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

Ive always looked at your posts, ive got to say, youre completetly insane. :D Doing that at night and all. :grin: Good luck Shawn,later

5. big jimmy 91

big jimmy 91 1/2 ton status

Those so called friend should remember "What comes around goes around"

They will get theirs one day

With the group I go wheeling with , no one gets left behind.

It just would'nt be right

6. supersize75k5

thats is how the az board members are on ck5, but i was not wheeling with them, i was with a couple of ford truggies:doah:

better luck for me next time for me i guess :rotfl:

7. big jimmy 91

big jimmy 91 1/2 ton status

I own Furd's too:blush: I hope the repairs are not too costly

8. supersize75k5

lol

just the cost of a trailer and 4 bolts for the steering box, pauly383 is on his way over and I picked up the suburban to tow it...

in an odd way this works out because we needed to pick up his new cab today some how..now we will have a trailer and something to to it with too:D

9. metto

metto Registered Member

nice...
    most girls would have b!tched the whole night about being stuck and the fact that you didnt get them home on time. nice to have one who understands

10. supersize75k5

lol ya she isnt like most girls, I know three girls that are just like her, but they are far and few im between. she was all smiles, she came out today when I went to snag it and her face looks real bad, I feel really bad about it:(

shes not mad or anything though, which is real surprising,

anyways the truck, even with no steering only took a few minutes to get on the trailer! It was nuts how easy it was!!

this whole trailering deal is really rubbing off on me!

-shawn

the truck s home now and I will probably fix it tonight,

-shawn:grin:

11. stallion85

stallion85 1/2 ton status

Sounds like a crazy night, what a bunch of Jerks to leave you out there.....when my club goes on a run we all stop and help someone in need if they break. If it takes too long a few will stay behind with them to make sure they get out.

I figured the "Amigo's" wouldn't leave you out there.....guess you'll only be wheelin with them from now on.:)

Do you have a steering box brace?

That's pretty crazy shearing the bolts off and all........

12. supersize75k5

just got in from picking up pauls new cab for the 83 blazer, man what a long day!

the frame was braced, a home brew brace that is holding up really well, I simply was bound up very bad and the tires were completely cranked into a rock and also it was kind of an upper cut too, having to try to back up was not helping at all either, the pics just do justice for how bad it was!

Next time I am that bound up I will unstick the truck, rather then trying to drive it out, I learned just how hard you can beat on stock steering:D

all in all I learned some things from it,

1.. no more wheeling with those guys

2.. steering is over rated

3.. having a working radio is a great thing when you are broke in the middle of know where:)

4.. if you go through the hassel to build a u-joint steering shaft...dont give it away, and go back to a rag joint..cause the rag joint will fail:crazy:

5.. when you are stuck..realize your stuck..or further damage will incure..

6. carry a first aid kit at all times " I now have a nice one in the truck since last night"

7. batteries...lots of batteries for the camera

13. 84blazin

84blazin 1/2 ton status

That sucks ass man... my mall crawler prolly wouldnt have helped but still.

14. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

Man , too tired to move , yet I can't sleep yet until I unwind .

Pics will be posted tommorrow in new thread , project takes a turn for the better ......NO MORE RUST TO FIX :woot:

Thanks for breaking so we got a trailer , just remember to never wheel with those guys again . Actually just never wheel at night at a "new" place :D

15. supersize75k5

paul.... am glad I was able to break so we had a trailer for ya..:screwy:

on the plus side it means alot less work for us on your project!

see ya in 8 hours, I will do some workon the 75 in the morning then be over there bright and early to unload that thing, hell we could also use it to pick up my the tires too!

16. FWP

FWP CRS

Very good! It sounds like you're learning some important lessons. Keep on learnin man! Never be afraid to use the winch, or take a strap. Sometimes, depend on how bad your stuck, it just isn't worth it. Do you have a fire extiguisher in your rig?

17. supersize75k5

yep. I have beeen real good about making surea fire extiguisher is in the truck, thats a must!

I still need to add to my spare parts list, but at any time I carry

cb
    fire extiguisher
    fluids oil, tranny, gear oil, and brake fluid
    fuel pump
    fuel line, heater hose, and a radiator hose
    a couple spark plug wires
    new spare belts
    a tie rod "also great for moving rocks or the truck"
    a shovel
    2 chains
    a 60 inch high lift
    spark plugs and a couple wires
    cap/rotor
    wd 40
    rachets straps
    lots of tools
    spare shackles
    spare shackle bolts, motor mount bolts, steering arem studs, cones ect..and an amazing amount of other bolts, nuts and do-hickys

and now a first aid kit

things I have seen that I need to add before my next trip are spare drive shafts, "I just need to mount them" and mount my spare front shafts too

also I need to add a quality strap

I need to find harley's/robs post from a while back and add to my collection:)

18. az-k5

az-k5 1/2 ton status

The trail gear post is in the great outdoors section.

Did you get the motor figured out from last time?

19. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

cute nose, hell, cute everything. why'd ya have to go and beat her up Shawn? she looks and sounds like a keeper!

20. supersize75k5

yes I swapped on my holly truck avenger, the other carb was leaking gas in a zillion differnt ways. she's all good now, I do need to rejet the carb though, it is still jetted for a big block.:crazy: