Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Wheeling At Tillamook State Forest.

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by colbystephens, Nov 11, 2006.

1. colbystephens

colbystephens 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Well, it was a rather boring day in terms of wheeling, which was kind of unfortunate as TSGB came down to ride as a passenger in my rig for his birthday. i was less than impressed w/ TSF. The trails are rated as easy, more challenging and difficult. pretty much everything was incredibly easy - only a handful of challenging stuff. We only found one decent trail, which was a relatively short run. strangely, all the "more difficult" trails were simply places which didn't have trees in your way, had dirt (clay mud) to drive on, and these 4-5ft tall speed bumps made out of mud and gravel. needless to say, i probably won't be back there again any time soon. my idea of wheeling is to go on a great trail with a good comprimise of moderately difficult (such as the pics below) and easy stuff, with the purpose of getting somewhere - a great view or something. there were some nice views here, but it was rainy and foggy, so not much to be seen. anyway, without further ado, here's som photos. :D unfortunately there's no real great pics of the other rigs, as my wife was the photographer today and she stayed in the rig away from the rain while we were working on getting the other rigs thru the trails. maybe my buddy got some great shots of the others i can post...

Copy of November 11. 2006 040.jpg

Copy of November 11. 2006 097.jpg

Copy of November 11. 2006 115.jpg

Copy of November 11. 2006 117.jpg

Copy of November 11. 2006 125.jpg

2. colbystephens

colbystephens 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

few more shots...

Copy of November 11. 2006 167.jpg

Copy of November 11. 2006 168.jpg

3. y5mgisi

y5mgisi 1 ton status

There are some good trails up there, you just have to know where to find them... The powerline trail can be pretty gnarly, ive seen a couple rigs rolled up there trying the more difficult lines. Belive me they are there. Mabey next tim we can get an expeirinced group of TSFers up there. I know where some of the stuff is up there but its been a while sence ive gone up there specificly to wheel. Where exactly did youguys go? what highway? where did you turn off the highway?

4. chopped&bobbed77burb

chopped&bobbed77burb 1/2 ton status

Did you get a map of all the trails ? Yeh I wanna see you do 7-up or even the lower crushers :haha:. I start a new job next week so I will have some funds to get some up grades on the burb . My Buddy has got a jeep cj6 for sale and I was thinking how cool all my 1 ton stuff and 42" tsl's would look on it :D . I'm glad you had a good time and nothing broke .

5. TSGB

TSGB 1 ton status

The pictures look better than real-life! :haha:

6. mostwanted

mostwanted 1/2 ton status

those pics are like High-Def or something. Pretty crisp