Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Wheeling/ camping near Mayer, AZ. pick a date...

Discussion in 'Rocky Mountain Region' started by FWP, Mar 11, 2004.

1. FWP

FWP CRS

Here's a pic...

[image]http://coloradok5.com/photos/data/508/1342comin_up.JPG?SSImageQuality=Full[/image]

Near by is a stream/river with water/ shade. You can see sunset point far above the desert floor, and this area looks like a perfect spot to hang before it gets too hot out. A few friends and I were out exploring, and found a few trails to run with lots of cool stuff. It would be a perfect area to hang out, camp and wheel, even for a stock rig. You can get there on 17 taking the Bumblebee exit. If anyone's interested, let's get a big CK5 get-together going. Pick a date, let's see what develops...

2. FWP

FWP CRS

For some reason, the pic didn't show up /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif But it's in the members rides section under my name /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

3. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

I am interested but this weekend and next weekend are out for me. I would like to go though. I love the area around Mayer. It is a cool place to camp and explore.

Is that trail south of Mayer near Cordes? I am more familiar with the area behind Mayer toward the Senator Highway and Goodwin.

Harley

4. supersize75k5

supersize75k5 OrganDonorRacing.com

could be a shake down for the 75 as she will just be back together and I will need to figure out how to work the doubler if it is in by then /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

weekend of april 3rd? /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif

5. BadDog

BadDog SOL Staff Member Super Moderator Author

That sounds interesting. Would this be better suited to my K5, or the truggy? I still need a spring to fix the truggy...

6. FWP

FWP CRS

This weekends out for me, got to work O/T... Trails are near Bumblebee (very close to it).

Russ, either one, but I think you would have more fun in the truggy, you could take the extreme lines. The easy lines a stock truck could do with some good spotting. That's what cool about the 2 trails...

7. 87GMCJimmy

87GMCJimmy 1/2 ton status

This sounds like a fun trip.

That is if I can get my Flat Belly pan done. J/k Russ. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

I'm hoping to getting it back together this weekend so I'd be up for next weekend or the weekend after.

Mike

8. justhorsinaround

justhorsinaround 3/4 ton status

This weekend and next are out for us as well. But the following could be doable. We'll just have to meet ya Saturday afternoon as Jenn'll have to work. Talk to ya some more as we get down the line. Good luck to y'all in the future.

Allan

9. BadDog

Looks like I won't be ready this week end anyway. Things keep coming up. I wanted to go out with Damon and his crew, but looks like that won't be happening. Maybe I can join you next week if it comes together.

Oh, and good luck on the flat belly pan! I’m working on that for the truggy too! /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

10. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

Sounds like it could be fun. Someone figure out what day(s) and I will try to make it. I love the runs so far, and you guys are cool /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

11. therobzilla

therobzilla 1/2 ton status

Ok,

I'm in for the Friday Saturday & Sunday. Will be bringing the family and camper. Might have the new Dodge 3500 by the weekend we will see.

Eric and Era Vos will also be attending, and probably Marv and Jill. I'm planning on taking 1/2 the day off on Friday to get up and set up camp.

Who else is going to join the fun??

Post up.

Fred, we will have to get together via phone and give more detailed directions and or post some up.

It should be good weather, before it gets too hot this summer.

Rob

12. az-k5

az-k5 1/2 ton status

I assume the 19, 20, & 21 is the idea. If so I can make it up there sunday morning for a day run (as usual... friggin' job). If I get the planets in line and make the driveline gods happy I should be locked with a 60 for that weekend too. /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif

We'll see how the install goes tomarrow. I rebuilt it today.

13. supersize75k5

so when is the date on this??

hard or light trail? I would like to tast the 75, but I dont think doing it on a hard trail is a good shake down..

any more info? I may trailer it if I can get the tbi on..just incase I need to tow home.or have motor issues.

I know someone with a sweet trailer /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

/forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

14. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

This is gonna be on my weekend to work Saturday til 4. So I probably won't go. I will most likely FINALLY get to fish Saturday night. Everyone be safe and have fun /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

15. Jays Beast

Jays Beast 1/2 ton status

Ok guys have we nailed down a for sure which weekend for this trip? [​IMG] looks like a great place to go. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

16. FWP

FWP CRS

[ QUOTE ]
    Ok guys have we nailed down a for sure which weekend for this trip?

[/ QUOTE ]
    At this moment in the time/space continuem, yes...lol... this weekend 20,21...

Rob, I have to work friday night til 10:30 pm, so I wouldn't make it out there til midnight or so /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

17. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

Doubt I will be there. I barely made it back from Havasu. The TPI is being a POS. I have to try and figure out WTF is going on.

Harley

18. az-k5

az-k5 1/2 ton status

I'm out /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif
    After a 6 hours breaking down and rebuilding and then 12 hours of a x-breeding install I still have problems with the 60. I need king pins and I need to shim it. I haven't even goten to see what the front locker is like /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif
    Oh well better now than in july on the trail.

I will be posting a table mesa run after I get some more spare parts and will be in full destructo mode for some harcore krawlin' /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

19. BadDog

Sorry, I can't make it either. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif And I made a special trip to the junk yard yesterday to get springs... <sigh>

20. supersize75k5

damn..is any body going /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif