Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Wheeling Friend in serious condition. Update Pay Pal link

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by OL14BLAZ, Nov 6, 2002.

1. OL14BLAZ

OL14BLAZ 1/2 ton status

Re: Wheeling Friend in serious condition.

My family will keep them in our prayers grim.

Eric /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

2. Silver84k5

Silver84k5 1/2 ton status

sorry to hear this, hope she is ok.... pretty cool of you to help out at Her husbands shop, You gonna update on her condition when you find out more?

3. ChevyHuny

ChevyHuny 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif My heart just breaks thinking about those kids. I will be saying big prayers , along with passing this along and Ill do what I can. Tell him we are all pulling for his wife and the whole family. Please keep us updated too if you would.

4. Frankenstien

Frankenstien 1/2 ton status

Our family will be praying for the whole family as well. We'll send everything we can afford. Grim tell them CK5 is thinking and praying for them

5. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

Update

THis moring there are doing surgery to stabalize her back where she has the shattered T11. They are supose to put plates in for this. I should no more in a few hours.
    The GBR is in the process of setting up a Pay Pal acct in her name and as soon as we have the link I will post it.
    Thanks for your caring and generocity.

6. keith

keith 1/2 ton status

Re: Update

Is this Ralph that works in Smyrna with the white jeep? I was just talking to him earlier in the week. What hospital?

7. blwnbwtie

blwnbwtie Registered Member

wow man that really sucks. sorry to hear that and i hope that everyone will be okay.

8. marv_springer

marv_springer 1/2 ton status

Grim,

I'm really sorry to hear this /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif..... Please express my deepest sympathy to Ralph and his family.

Marv

9. Grim-Reaper

Keith:
    Yeah that Ralph. Grady.
    He's been camped out there since Tuesday. Only time he's left was to get a shower.
    She had the wreck on Thorton Rd Tuesday durring that heavy rain.

Marv:
    Thanks...I'll let him know you sent your reguards. Going to try to get down there tomorrow evening. I ahven't heard from Rob. Somebody from the club talked to him ( I think it was Paul that was out there with Ralph) and said he might be flying back. I haven't confirmed that yet.

10. Grim-Reaper

Well some good news today. Robin went in for surgery at 8am this morning and came out at about 2pm this afternoon. They put some rod in along her spine where the bad damage was that at this point has caused her to loose all feeling from the waist down. There is not as much damage to the spinal cord as the doctors first thought . The rods have stablized her spine and taken the pressure off the spinal cord. They are more optimistic that she may regain some more feeling but it's still at a wait and see point.
    Here is a e-mail from one of our other members who is also related to the Payne's.

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    It appears as though the damage to Robin's lower back were a little less than they first thought . BAD but not totally crushed as they thought at first. That's the first good news we've had since Tuesday night. There is more hope today than there was yesterday. She still has a long ways to go but at least there's a little more hope of rehabililitation. I just want to personally and on behalf of our entire family thank each and everyone of you for your concern, prayers, contributions (whatever they may be), and most of all the support you have shown to Ralph, Brannon &amp; Brittney. It means so much....THANK YOU.
    Tony

[/ QUOTE ]

We have the Pay Pal rolling but it's a new acct and will take two day's for everything to process with the bank deposit and other associated stuff. The Banks are closed Monday so it will be Tuesday before we can release a link for those that care to donate to help this family out in their time of need.
    Robin will need many weeks of Therapy as well as full time care. Ralph is a Auto mechanic by trade and for those that don't know, mechanics get paid by the job. He doesn't work, he doesn't get paid.
    The GBR ( www.gbr4wd.com ) is trying to collect enough donations so that Ralph does not have to worry about anything but Robin for the next month or so.
    Any help you can provide will be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks on behalf of the Georgia Bounty runners, The Payne's and myself.
    Eric Hummel
    GBR Landuse
    Membership dirrector elect.

11. KRAZIE87K5

KRAZIE87K5 1/2 ton status

I can't even imagine putting myself in Ralph's shoes. Please forward my deepest sympathy to him and his family. My prayers will go out for a quick and thorough recovery for Robin. Post up the Paypal info for us. I'll send out what I can.

-Dan

12. Boss

Boss 1/2 ton status Author

My prayers are with him.

13. georgiared84

georgiared84 1/2 ton status

Is that Torton Rd in Cobb? That's where I live, and we had quite a few accidents with some of the heavy rain. I saw you mention a paypal acct. Any link yet? Or do we do contributions through the bank address?

14. Grim-Reaper

Yeah same rd. Not sure where the accident happend at. Had to be towards Hiram. not many trees to hit for a few miles from 20 and you don't get up to the sort of speed she had to be traviling either.
    When I met my wife she was living off austell/Maxum at Sweetwater apt's. she worked at JP's resturant for a while. The Paynes Live in Douglasville.

15. Mudzer

Mudzer 1/2 ton status Author

Grim,

Please pass on my sympathy for the family and your friends. I would be glad to help out in any way I can. I am always very optimistic that people can come out of terrible tragedies. I hope Robin can pull out of this one.

16. therobzilla

therobzilla 1/2 ton status

Update to everone here on the board that's following this.

Ralph is one of my closest freinds in this world, and I appreciate everything that is being said and the prayers that are being said for the family.

I spoke with Ralph this morning for about an hour,and this evening , things before the surgery were very optimistic, the surgery took about 9 hours today, and the outcome was not very good. The spinal column injury was very sever and paralisis is a given.

The lower cord injury was extreme. The surgery was to help long term with Robin being able to hold her self upright. From bellie button down will be in paralized. Ralph her husban is holding up, but he has been in the hospital for about 3 days now, and everything in the hospital becomes a time warp over a period of time. Loose all track of what day it is and what time it is.

Robin is still in ICU and is on the ventalator, and is extremley sedated. The pain and movement right now are the big issues.

Ralph has two kids Brandonn &amp; Britney. Both teenagers. Britney went back to school today, and Brandnon is still out.

Our club the Georgia Bounty Runners are currently comming out in overwhelming support for the family. They hopefully will be putting together a committee at our next club meeting to help out long term. The real test is long term. Down the road.

Ralph and the family are survivors, and Robin is one of the most wonderful people you will ever meet, a true Wheeling Woman. She has a great support group at her church, and a loving family to take good care of her.

I will be flying back to spend some time with Ralph the week of the 18 for around 3 or 4 days, I am going to help out with trying to expidite Robins entry into Sheppard Spinal Center a little easier, as I have some exposure with Sheppards Center. I will also be trying to work on a plan to get his house ready to put on the market, as they currently live in a very small tri level home.

Ralph and Robin were a dual family income family. Her pay was key to their finiancial position. With Ralph not working currenlty, and Robin situiation. Financially times will be very trying.

If you feel like donating to the trust fun, I'm sure Grim will post the paypal link as soon as it setup. Anything will help.

Once again thanks for the wonderful thought and prayers.

Sincerely
    Rob Finelli

17. bigjbear

bigjbear 1 ton status Staff Member Moderator

Like Rob said Ralph &amp; Robbin are two of the nicest people you could ever have the pleasuer of meeting. Ralph was one of the 1st people I went wheeling w/ in GA, this was before either of us were in the GBR. He was friendly from the first hand shake. Keith came by last night and told me what happend. I'm at a loss for words..

18. Grim-Reaper

Rob:
    Hard times Bud. Wish you were coming back for other reasons but look forward to seeing you when you get here.
    Keep an eye on the club list.
    I'm getting ready to send this to Stefan and see if we can get some help out of Southern and the member clubs. I'm also getting ready to put this up on PBB.
    Robin is going to need 24 hour care for the next few months. It's the goal of the club to make sure Ralph can be there for her and not have any finacial worries. I know times are tough but even a small amount will help with this if you can spare it.
    Pay Pal should be up and running Tuesday. As soon as I have the link I'll get it posted.
    Thanks
    Eric
    On Behalf of the Georgia Bounty runners.

19. landsmasher

landsmasher 1/2 ton status

I'll send as much as I can as soon as you get the paypal link up. My prayers are with Robin and the family. I'll inform the rest of my club also...

20. Grim-Reaper