Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Wheeling in Dec.?

Discussion in 'Plains Region' started by blk87K5, Oct 25, 2004.

1. blk87K5

blk87K5 1/2 ton status

Anyone want to make a run somewhere? Several fairly broke college students from Lubbock want to make a 2-3 day run to somewhere with some decent wheeling and minimal mud.

2. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

I'm in dire need to go wheeling, but unfortunately I'm trying to buy a house that I hope that I get so I can spend some taxpayer dollars on the K5.

3. Bullet

Bullet 1/2 ton status

What did you have in mind?

4. blk87K5

blk87K5 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    What did you have in mind?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well we are all bored as hell up on the caprock and want to go wheeling somewhere towards the end of christmas break. We wouldn't be able to drive more than about 6 hours from Lubbock. We are looking for something somewhat challenging, but not too extreme for some of the less built guys. Post is boring as hell. San Angelo has came up, so has Gilmer.

5. GRAYTEXK5

GRAYTEXK5 1/2 ton status

I've heard gilmer is a good place to go, and I've been wanting to try it out sometime. I think it's only a couple hours away from me, but I've never been yet. if you decide to go there, I might be interested. but, whether or not my blazer will be up for it, may be a different story. but I just got a new job, so hopefully I can start working on getting it back on, and off, the road again soon.

6. 85mudblazin

85mudblazin 1/2 ton status

yall could go to the den in san antonio. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. Nonesuch

Nonesuch 1/2 ton status

Brian, if you guys plan on Gilmer post up and I will try to make it up there. I finally got my K5 wheelin' but broke my front shaft on Klunetic at Katemcey a couple weekends ago.

8. Bullet

Bullet 1/2 ton status

San Angelo sounds good, I can go, just not sure about the Jimmy, needs some repairing to do on her.

9. blk87K5

blk87K5 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    San Angelo sounds good, I can go, just not sure about the Jimmy, needs some repairing to do on her.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that is where we are going to end up. Anything else would be too far for a bunch of broke dicks to travel.

Get that Jimmy running. Dont think you'll be able to ride with any of us. We all bring hoes wheeling, and I only have a two seater TJ and a single seater buggy. Riding b!tch on my lap has already been called too.

I bet we can bribe Matt into letting us sleep in the shop, if we bring Budweiser long necks.

10. blk87K5

blk87K5 1/2 ton status

Its awn for San Angelo after Christmas peeps. There is getting to be a fairly large crowd going, and even a few guys from Denver in some comp buggies. Post up if you wanna go. We're wheelin for three days at least, and probably drinking for at least that much time too.

11. LKJR

LKJR 1/2 ton status

It's on fawkers, we need to nail some dates down so this can be official. And I mean real kinda official, like other people's id's at bars. LOL

12. blk87K5

blk87K5 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    And I mean real kinda official, like other people's id's at bars. LOL

[/ QUOTE ]

Fawkin turd.

13. Bullet

Bullet 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif After Christmas sounds promising... I just won't be following the comp. buggies /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

14. blk87K5

blk87K5 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif After Christmas sounds promising... I just won't be following the comp. buggies /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Cool thing about San Angelo is that there is wheeling for everyone. There are by passes for nearly every obstacle and lines for mildly built rigs all the way up to the comp rigs. It is not Katemcy by any means, but they're closed so what the hell.

We should have a definate date set here in a day or so.

15. Bullet

Bullet 1/2 ton status

Yeah I have wheeled there before with Matt and Toby, it was great and I have been wanting to go back for some time now. I am not sure if it was the official name of the trail, but "Cluster F**k" was my favorite trail, which was the spot where I was climbing out of a good hole on a hill and lifted my frontend off the ground pretty good, pucker factor was real high for me there /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

16. blk87K5

blk87K5 1/2 ton status

I think I am going to start a new thread with all of the dates and who is going for less confusion.

17. westtexask5

westtexask5 Registered Member

I should be able to have my new tranny and transfer /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gifcase in by then so Im interested