Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Wheeling in SoCal?

Discussion in 'Blazin Trails' started by AJMBLAZER, Oct 17, 2000.

1. AJMBLAZER

AJMBLAZER Better to be lucky than good. Premium Member

Lately I have been 'wheeling on my "secret locale" off of Highway 56, but Sunday I went up to the Big Bear Lake/Lake Arrowhead area. Man, that was cool! Any other places that aren't all Baja stuff?

1992 Blazer Sport, 350 TBI, 4L60, 3" Gibson, K&N, 3" Rancho, 285/75R16 on 16x8 Baja's[​IMG]

2. delta9blazer

delta9blazer 1/2 ton status

call 916-324-4442, and ask for the "Guide to Off-Highway Vehicle Areas". it lists all the state and local areas, and what is allowed there (MC's, Dune Buggies, 4x4, etc).
    i can't get to your profile right now, so i don't know where you are exactly, but i've got a map on the wall next to my desk. there's quite a few in SoCal.

<font color=purple>delta9blazer</font color=purple>

3. 84k5

84k5 1/2 ton status

I've been meaning to go to that secret wheeling place, but i've been busy. I too would like some info on new wheeling places. I live near el cajon and jamul. I think we have to bust out a why 2 k5 san diego style some time. How about those Chargers? Yeah, they suck.

Brian
    84k5, 4"Skyjacker lift,33x12.5 Goodyear MT/R, 15x10 Bajas

4. 84k5

84k5 1/2 ton status

Almost forgot, my favorite place right now is Jacumba. Directions:
    Take 8 east towards el centro

Get off at koh ho pah (or something like that) exit, its like 6 or 7 miles past the jacumba exit.

Follow road to right.

Turn right at the stop sign and go down the road like 200 yards and turn left into a dirt area. Follow the road up the mountain and enjoy. This side has rock and hillclimbs. If you go under the freeway to the other side theres some sand and hillclimbs. Its a fun area to explore.

Is that guide to offroad area free? if not how much is it?

Brian
    84k5, 4"Skyjacker lift,33x12.5 Goodyear MT/R, 15x10 Bajas

5. AJMBLAZER

AJMBLAZER Better to be lucky than good. Premium Member

It's free, and yes, the Chargers do suck. I am in the Marines and so am only here for another year. However, I hate to sound rude, but being from Michigan, it's nice to see that there are teams the Lions can beat. [​IMG] Hey, after I get the solid axle under my truck, I'm going to hit everything I can before I leave.[​IMG]

1992 Blazer Sport, 350 TBI, 4L60, 3" Flowmaster, K&N, 3" Rancho, 285/75R16 on 16x8 Baja's[​IMG]

6. coopertwpk

coopertwpk 1/2 ton status

If you want a long ride I just went on trail 2208 I think from 29 palms to the back rode into big bear down by lucerne it has some major climbs I can imagine this winter with snow.

7. so.cal k5

so.cal k5 Newbie

I live in Yucca Valley (near 29 Palms). I go wheelin back way to Big Bear and in Fawnskin all the time. You need to check out the John Bull trail. It's a 4+ trail.If you are up there stop at the Discovery Center in the north side of the lake and pick up a Side Kick map. It shows many trails and difficulty levels. There is a lot of desert wheelin out here like the "Hammers". If anyone is out here we wheel on Sundays. Email me I'm always ready to go

8. mybeast

mybeast Registered Member

There is a sweet place in ventura county. It backs up to the Hungry Valley rec. area. Its called lockwood creek. There is a good mix of all types of wheeling. I'm going to try a get a trip together this summer after my axle swap. I'll post it then.

When all else fails MASH the skinny pedal!

www.mybeast.coloradok5.com

9. bigblue

bigblue 1/2 ton status

hopefully it will snow this weekend. I am planning on going out to the jacumba area to FEEL out my now lift. there is all kinds of trails out there. and a lake near the Mexican border i might have to mud up my ride. peace

baja surf nazi

10. bigblue

bigblue 1/2 ton status

Report from last weekend. killer stuff near East Chula Vista. Take the 805 south to 905 E or Orange Ave E. You will see a lot of construction out there so keep an eye out for the Earth movers. anyway there is killer hill climbs, high speed runs and MUD MUD MUD. you can get there via the Coors Amphitheatre too. Oh yeah don't be afraid to drive over some curbs and drive by no trespassing signs to get on the site. it was so damn fun.!@!!!!!

baja surf nazi -...A late storm NEVER comes...

[​IMG]