Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Wheeling near Death Valley

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by 454k30, Feb 1, 2007.

1. 454k30

454k30 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Hey Socal guru's!

I am curious about the trails in the mountains near death valley. I know that suprise canyon and happy canyon are closed to all vehicles but the Panamint loop looks awesome. It is south park canyon and pleasent canyon trails linked together. I guess there is some bridge that all the heepers at work say is impossible for a full size. From their photos it looks more and more like heep drivers are just p***ys. Anyone ever conquer these routes?

2. roadnotca

roadnotca 3/4 ton status

:haha: Laws of nature

3. buefchris

buefchris 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

I've done it with my K-5 about 6 years ago when that corner was all intact. But now( unless someone has built it back up ) you're lucky to get a samurai through. the bridge is so narrow you'll need to be spotted , and don't mind the flex it's all part of the thrill.

4. ntsqd

ntsqd 1/2 ton status

The bridge has a weight rating of 8k max. MISF's 7600lbs. Scout II flexed it pretty good.

I've been over it in a yota Xcab shortbed and it felt like there wasn't much more room though my spotter didn't seem worried. Maybe b/c he wasn't in the truck? This was b4 the latest difficulties with that corner.

5. buefchris

buefchris 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Hopefully I'll be back up there in late april. have'nt been in that area in a long time.

6. roadnotca

roadnotca 3/4 ton status

I'm up for exploring Death Valley areas, as long as a heavy full size will fit.:D