Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Wheeling or Homecoming...? Help Me Decide

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by mikey_d05, Sep 30, 2005.

1. mikey_d05

mikey_d05 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Well, as long as I'm starting way too many semi-worthless threads in the lounge, I might as well continue the streak. Long story short, I was invited to Gilbert OHV park by a group of Jeepers (gasp) on the same weekend as SDSU's homecoming. Gilbert is about 5 hours away from home (which is two hours away from here) so a compromise is not possible.

My truck needs a shakedown run badly and I'm WAY more comfortable going with a capable group of wheelers and rigs. It's been on one short one but I didn't really get a chance to test it and the other time it's been out was a mud run which doesn't even really count towards cycling the suspension, checking out approach and departure, and seeing what small things need to be changed.

However, I went to the homecoming here last year and it was a blast. Good football game, people from all over come to Brookings, tons of parties, and lots of fun. I've missed out on a couple of good parties because I went home to work on the truck. I know I can party anytime, but I always feel dumb when I'm with the guys and they say....hey you remember that time....and I wasn't there.

Opinions? Suggestions? I can party anytime but that weekend is like one huge bash. I can't exactly wheel any time I want but a shakedown cruise can be done in spring or some other time as well...

2. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

Party now, wheel later... You can wheel any time of year, too...

3. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

I agree. Homecomming is once a year which leaves the other 51 weekends for wheeling.

4. outlawtorn

outlawtorn 1/2 ton status

party it up :wink1:

5. mikey_d05

LOL, I KNOW you're biased. :D

We'll see, it's a toss up at the moment. I honestly can't wheel most of the other 51 weekends due to a lot of factors, which is why I'm considering going to Gilbert in the first place.

6. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

It is college, your young years(yeah I know I'm 20), Party now, wheel later. I've spent time the past few weeks/months partying when I should have been working on the S10, but hey, I have the rest of my life to wheel, partying like this can only happen when I'm young. Besides people from all over means, girls from all over, have to keep the female factor in your mind at all times (I know you don't have a problem thinking along those lines, just helping put it there a little more).

7. outlawtorn

outlawtorn 1/2 ton status

Well actually i was about to say go wheeling, but thats mainly because of my 3 month absence from the sport. Then i thought a little harder... break some **** on a rig, or beer and hot college bitches :D

8. mikey_d05

Haha, you never fail to make me laugh man. I wanna go wheeling real bad, but then again I gave into thirsty thursday last night and it was sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo good.

9. sandawgk5

sandawgk5 3/4 ton status

The question is will you "get some" if you go wheeling. If the answer is NO then ya gotta go with the drinks and college hotties. :D

Ira

10. k5freak44

k5freak44 1/2 ton status

there should be no question in your mind. ( . Y . ) then :k5: