Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

wheeling pics from today DIALUP BEWARE 20+ pics

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by big83chevy4x4, Jun 5, 2004.

1. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

had our little meet and greet at the mounds today, boggerless, blue85, bill (a friend of boggerless), and me. 2 chevys and 2 superdutys.

daryl's truck (boggerless)
    [​IMG]
    bill's truck
    [​IMG]
    bill stuck already
    [​IMG]
    blue85's truck. trying to figure out the best line.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    bill stuck again
    [​IMG]
    extracting bill
    [​IMG]
    darly going at it
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    backing up for another run
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    bill stuck again, this hole is deep. took 2 trucks to get him out. blue85 had a hard time, but he made it.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    now my truck. it looked dry, buy only on top /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

after that blue85 and bill went home, blue85 had a sitter and bill had a leaky tire /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif
    daryl and i drove around a little more, then i ripped my driver side mirror off on a tree and broke the window /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif daryl ran over the mirror before i could get out and grab it (door was stuck shut for some reason) on our way back to the front, we got lost. going down this trail, then that, extremely tight trails (though we were stuck for good) finely we got to this water hole. it was deep enough to wash all the mud from our wheels for a smooth ride home. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif
    [​IMG]

the other guys should post up pics soon. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

2. 84k5

84k5 1/2 ton status

Looks like bill had a rough day. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

3. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif sounds like a fun time /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

4. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

nice fun time /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif guys wish i could have come damb next time guys next time. Hey where was bigburban383 and his buddy with the ex-monster truck????

5. big83chevy4x4

i dont know the monster truck would have bearly made in to the parking lot (width issues)

bill brought it on himself, was fun to watch, then recover /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

6. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

i don't think you could have got a monster truck TIRE down half those trails. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif sorry about your mirror bro. and that six foot long scratch on the passanger side wasn't as deep as we thought.i think wax will get most of it out.those were some tight ass trails. oh and i smashed and bent my steering stablizer.when i pulled into the gas station after we left it was because the hubs wouldn't unlock. great pics. /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gifto /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

7. smokkey1

smokkey1 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

8. big83chevy4x4

i wonder where you smashed the stabilizer /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

i went to the guy down the road from me, hes got lots of chevy parts, he wants me to trade his 3" front springs and 4" blocks, a window and some mirrors for my 6" springs /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif
    plus he has some 315/75/16 tires (with tread /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif) that he will give me /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif

my truck might get lifted before i was planing, that way i can go through that BIG mud hole (the one with the group pic) /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

9. boggerless

i think it was the second time i went through the ruts in the field,hell even my rear diff was packed with mud from being pulled backwards.sweet deal on the lift,i hope it works out,cuz JR will be there next time. well smash our way through everything /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gifto /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

10. Blue85

Blue85 Troll Premium Member

We showed up around 9:30 a.m and it was like a ghost town. We got bored and went to town for lunch. On our return, there was boggerless (Note: although Daryl is on CK5 and has the username boggerless, he was in fact driving a Ford with Boggers /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif) and a Cherokee with big fender flares and a winch. Boggerless and his friend Bill both had Super Dutys, so our CK5 get together was now 2 Fords, 1 Jeep and 1 K5 (mine) /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif.

Bill charged right out and sank in this hole first thing.
    [​IMG]

Remember the Bronco I talked about that was stuck for 4 days? Exact same spot. Here's a link to that post

The Jeep couldn't winch him out, so I chained to the Jeep and boggerless strapped to me and we pulled him out like that. I kind of felt bad for the unibody Jeep strapped between 3 fullsizes. During this extraction Big83chevy4x4 (TJ) showed up. Then the Jeep decided to quit while he was ahead and go home because he had been hearing a weird noise from somewhere. He had a camper to pull home and had his whole family with him.

So then this was the crew: Blue85 (3/4-ton Jimmy with 35" M/Ts), Bill (Diesel F250 with MT/Rs), Big83chevy4x4 (stock K20 with BFG A/Ts) and boggerless (V10 F350 with 33" boggers):
    [​IMG]

We took a trail back to Field #2, where we all ran a mud hole. I went first, caught some air in the middle and blew through for big fun (see pictures abov). Next up was TJ who used tons of throttle and got most of the way through:
    [​IMG]
    Since I was on the other side, I pulled him the rest of the way through.

Bill went next, slid sideways and buried it right away:
    [​IMG]
    We picked up a guy in a Wrangler at this point and he and boggerless chained together to pull Bill out. I think Bill was stuck in this hole twice, along with another one nearby.

Boggerless went last and got stuck because he couldn't get the Ford out of 4LO. After a pull and a glance through the owner's manual, he made it through.
    [​IMG]

Between Daryl's runs, this Wrangler made a run and kind of put the fullsizes to shame by blowing right through. He had been watching everyone else, so he picked the perfect line. It seemed like he didn't even sink into the mud.
    [​IMG]

We headed out of this field on another trail. The end of it has these ruts, which look much worse in person:
    [​IMG]

I had to back up a few times to make it through. Notice the "center rut" in the trail, which happens to be shaped exactly like the bottom of a 14B s/f differential. /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif
    [​IMG]

(NOTE: Taking this trail was my idea because I had driven it the week before. However, I had already decided against running it the other direction earlier in the day because of how tough and tight it was. I guess I thought going downhill would make it easier. Sorry, guys.)

Just before the ruts is a tight turn with a deep hole on the driver's side. Guess what happened to Bill? I think the stickers on his truck represent his payment options for AAA towing. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
    [​IMG]

After getting Bill pulled back out of this hole, everybody backed out to go back to the field. I went around the long way to meet up. Since we were back at that big mud hole everyone ran, I decided to try to take it slower with a little different line. That didn't work. But at least I got stuck once because otherwise it's not really wheelin', right?

Then we found a little land bridge to get past the mother of all holes to find that we didn't have to take the tight rut trail OR the big mud hole to begin with. Oh well. /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif I would have liked to take some more trails, but we were out of time.

11. bigburban383

bigburban383 1/2 ton status

Damn, look like you guys had some fun. I worked all day Saturday, the hours I worked with my crappy pay wouldn't have covered gas to get there /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

I'm basically a broke azz SOB /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

12. big83chevy4x4

you got some great pics, i wanna see daryl pics now. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

13. boggerless

great pics and explenation, /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif i do have a k5 look to the left.you guys saw the pics ,i just need a little more time to get her done. i was pissed that i had to take the ford and not JR. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif bill was crazy wasn't he?he has his own companyand two more trucks that cost at least $40.000.00 each.i've known him 20 years and he acctually can take a credit card payment through his cell phone.he is lagit dog. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif PS BLUE85 is a big boy,so don't piss him off or he might drive to your state(his k5 is capable) and punch you out. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gifto /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

14. CK5

CK5 In my underwear Administrator Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

Looks kind of dirty, I did mud once. /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif

15. boggerless

that's mostly it here in mich. and it's sandy mud, easy to wash of but hard on brakes and stuff. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gifto /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

16. boggerless

also note: daryl's chevy has no BOGGER'S,hence the name. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif and i bought the boggers for the DD after i became a member of CK5. so there /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gifto /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

17. boggerless

i'll have e'm shortly. and i think i have a pic of that big ass snaping turtle the jeep you pulled scared out. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gifto /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

18. boggerless

i might be down again shortly.it took me 7 tries to get here tonoght.and i can't spell /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gifi'm ready to go again,i don't want to use the DD but i ain't skeerd. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif love to all /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gifto /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

19. boggerless

<<<< i love your avatar . /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gifto /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

20. big83chevy4x4

i wont be able to go for a few weeks, the filling the gas tank alone is hard enough on the wallet. plus i may lift my truck /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

it may be after the 4th till i will be able to go again, unless i get a job, then ill be /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif

on the avatar, its staying like that unless i see one of your pics i like. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

steve, rocks are boring, its slow and too easy /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif j/k
    id love to play on the rocks, but i have to drive 300 plus miles to the badlands for some big rocks to play on (stones dont count). if you ever think about a "Blazer Bash EAST" (hint hint, nudge nudge) id be there /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif