Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Wheeling this weekend, Sunday run in Florence Jct.

Discussion in 'Rocky Mountain Region' started by therobzilla, Jan 2, 2004.

1. therobzilla

therobzilla 1/2 ton status

Anyone intrested. Got some takers, but looking too see if anyone else is intrested. The Blazer failed emissions today, WTF, too much HC's but I think I will pass on saturday. Then off to get the tags renewed. But still looking to maybe head out on sunday.

How about it Matt F, havent seen you post up in a while... /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Who's intrested......

Rob

2. az-k5

az-k5 1/2 ton status

Well I haven't had a chance to build new bushings (tools on order) But I will bring some extra 7/16 bolts (like a 6 pack of 'em) and meet yall out there /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
    What time you meeting??

3. therobzilla

Working on that as we speak, will talk with Marv Sat and figure a time out...

Great.

Rob

4. az-k5

az-k5 1/2 ton status

Come on!! Somebody else wants to go I know it. It will be fun.

5. marv_springer

marv_springer 1/2 ton status

Ok,.......

Here's the deal:

Place: Marv's House 2934 E. Jerome, Mesa, 85204
    .....look it up on mapquest
    Day: Sunday 01/03
    Time: 8:30 am

Going to Florence Jct - prolly do Woody's Wash - depends on who shows up....

If anyone needs to contact me: 480-926-7294

Marv

6. az-k5

az-k5 1/2 ton status

That is all I needed.
    Thanx and see you at 8:30 /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

7. weisel

weisel 1/2 ton status

I may be in. Is woodys wash a one locker run?

8. justhorsinaround

justhorsinaround 3/4 ton status

We'd love to come but for the first time since we moved down here I've finally got some work with the union. Maybe, hopefully!!!!, next time. Good luck and have fun guys.

Allan

9. az-k5

az-k5 1/2 ton status

I hope woody's is a one locker run, I am only locked in my boat anchor, uh I mean 14B (rob feels that it should be left at home but then I would really be draggin my tail around)

10. therobzilla

Woodies wash is normally a 2 locker trail. It' a pretty good rocking trail, body damage going to happen if you don't have rocker guards for sure, but as long as the group does not get enormous, and you wheel smart, both Marv and I agree with some good spotting and taking the strap on occassion, you should be able to make it on this trail.

If the group gets too big, then we will have to run a diffrent trail.

Rob

PS: This trail will give your driving style a real workout, along with your truck. Got a couple of waterfalls, and the entrance is really a major pucker factor, but it's a great trail to run, you make it through this trail in a full size with no breakage, and you've done some serious wheeling.

Everyone that runs this trail must have tow points and a strap that is very handy, this is a diff grabbing trail and if you have not run this trail before, you will get hung on your diff's, and there is no way around it..... /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

11. az-k5

az-k5 1/2 ton status

Aw damn!! I get my diff hung up in the driveway if I don't move the newspaper. (I might need to bring my own rocks this time) /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

12. therobzilla

Hey Mr. Bolts, glad to see you are going to make it:).

You know Matt the only reason I give you so much #hit, it cause I like you /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif.

I have no reservation in my mind that you can do this trail. Just glad you are going to make it out. Always nice to see more guys wheeling. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

It's going to be kinda tricky to get out there, my tags are expired and the DPS guy in Florence has got a hard on for me.

Been trying to get a 3 day permit from AZDOT online, but just my luck, the system is down and I can't get a permit. The blazer passed emmissions today, but the tag office is closed. WTF.........

See you in the AM.

Rob

13. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

i hope you guys have fun. as for the ADOT, they sucks anyway. i told ya you should have stayed with the historic plate... hehe. big rocks is better though.

i got back from riverside yesterday. a little over a hundred in gas. i plan on taking one more trip to the PHX area. it will be to pick up my goosneck and thats it. it cost to much. maybe i will catch a weekend ride up there with a co worker. think yall will go next weekend?
    Grant

14. marv_springer

Whew.... /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Thanks to all who made this trip!... I had fun even though I didn't bring the right equipment./forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

I thought it was just a 4wd trip - but apparently Rob brought guns /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif.... Cuz every time he got behind the wheel, I kept hearing a loud "bang".... /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

Marv

15. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

you take the bronco? or the other "blazer"
    maybe ill make it up next weekend... not sure yet.
    Grant

16. marv_springer

[ QUOTE ]
    you take the bronco? or the other "blazer"

[/ QUOTE ]

No man.... I drove the FunBuggy! It's a little twisted... but it still works /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif.

Marv

17. justhorsinaround

justhorsinaround 3/4 ton status

Glad to hear the Funbuggy is still "functional". /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif Now that you have had an evaluation trip, is it still in need of a complete rebuild or just maybe a rehab? Anywho's as it is right now I have this weekend off anyone wanna play?? Good luck to y'all.

Allan