Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

wheels and tires?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by digity, Feb 5, 2005.

1. digity

digity 1/2 ton status

Looking to run 35" or 36" x 14.5. First question is would a 10"wide wheel be fine or should I run 12". Secondly, backspacing. I have a 90Jimmy what backing spacing are you guys going with? Some pics. would be very helpful from front or rear so I can see how the the truck sits. If you post pics. please specify tire and wheel size along with backspacing and lift(inches). Thanks, can't wait to swap my axles and do this lift.:cool1:

2. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

10" rims will be fine. 12" rims will be to wide in my opinion for most stuff. I run 35x12.5x15" MTR's on 15x8" rims with 4.125" BS. There are lots of pics in my sig link at the bottom. I have 4" lift.

What axles are being installed? If you are going to be running a 1/2 or 3/4 ton front keep in mind that the less backspacing you get will be harder on your ball joints. A couple local guys run 15x8" rims with 2.75" BS. With moderate wheeling they get 6 months before the ball joints are trash, with heavy wheeling they get 3-4 months before the balljoints are trash.

Like mentioned, I run 4.125" BS and I have about 9 months on my current set of ball joints and they are still tight.

Harley

3. rjfguitar

rjfguitar 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

35x16x16.5 Boggers on 16.5x14 Weld Racing Scorpio V's with 4.25" BS IIRC.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

A 12" wide rim will look PERFECT on a 14.50" tire, the sidewalls won't look all silly and sucked in with a 10" rim.

4. digity

digity 1/2 ton status

Thanks for info guys. Hey rfjguitar, is that the same truck in both pics. Nice truck, sits nice but how those boggers onroad, its one of the tires I'm thinking about. Anybody else with pics. or info.:cool1:

5. 1-ton

1-ton 1/2 ton status Premium Member

[​IMG]

I am running 35" on 16X10 in. wide rims.

6. rjfguitar

rjfguitar 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Yes, it's the same K5. Kind of a before wheeling, and after wheeling pic there. :o

I pretty much hate my boggers as a daily driver. They really got on my nerves back when I drove my K5 daily before I bought my Dodge Cummins. A couple months later I started driving it again and loved the sound of the tires for about two days....then it got old again, got serious, and refreshed myself as to why I bought a new truck. ;)

IF there is anything on your truck that could tick, creek, grown, rattle, or moan....a set of "broke in" boggers will find them. Don't get me wrong, they are fun as hell when I drive it to the store once a month but anymore and I start missing the Michelin XTL's under my Dodge.... Oh, and they wear kinda fast too. :haha: