Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

wheels and tires?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 88-3/4t-bad boy, Aug 3, 2006.

1. 88-3/4t-bad boy

88-3/4t-bad boy 1/2 ton status

Nov 27, 2005
    so i ordered my body lift and i was wondering what everybodys opinion is on wheels and tires. overall my suburban is going to have 9" of lift with the bodylift. it is a 3/4 ton. i was looking online for wheels. im going to have to go with steelies for now due to low money. so most likely some 15's or 16's. i was wondering what width i should buy. im looking at tires most likely 39.5 and up to 42. i was looking at a set of eaton 15x10's. they have an 8 lug conversion on them with 3.25in bs so you dont have to grind that much off the brakes. i was going for 15x10's because there are more options for tires in that size range compared to the 16x10's. but, the tires that fit with the 15x10's (according to intercotire.com) have way less load capacity and a ply rating of only 6 (my four wheeler has that!). so is it worth it to go for the cheaper 15x10's or should i just go with the 16x10's. keep in mind it is my dd as well. its my first truck so i need y'alls help for this one. also. if i dont get the 15x10's what bs should i get on the others? :confused: