Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Wheels and tires?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by ZfromNJ, Sep 25, 2002.

1. ZfromNJ

ZfromNJ Registered Member

Is i better to run a 4 inch lift with 35's or should I go with a 4 inch lift and run 33's but with a larger rim? I was thinking of running 33's with a 15 x 10 or a 15 x 12 rim! What do you guys think?

2. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

Depends. Is it for look's,or function? I like the look of a smaller lift with big tires,and fender trimming. I'm gonna run 35's on a 8" wide rim with a 4" lift. I also have trimmed my fender's and have a 1" body lift. Everyone has there own opinion,do what you want too. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

3. zakk

zakk 1/2 ton status

just smack the 35's on with out a lift and let it flex a bit. cut off all offending sheet metal that is then bent.

well, that is how greg did it /forums/images/icons/smirk.gif

4. 305twistedchevy

305twistedchevy Registered Member

hey zfrom nj not to get off topic but i noticed you are from NJ i was just wondering what part i'm from oceancounty NJ lacey to be exact thanks

5. ZfromNJ

Hey twisted I am from Union up in northern Jersey but I do have relatives in Forked River. I know the new baseball coach down at Lacey High School.

6. yunit

yunit 1/2 ton status

Go with the 35's...if you have the gearing for them...at least 4.10's.

I am a jersey boy too.

7. Chris Demartini

Chris Demartini 1/2 ton status

<font color="blue">Yeah thats true. What gears do you have?

also from NJ

8. ZfromNJ

I am not sure what gears I am running. I would have to assume that they are stock so whatever stock is? I am realitively new to all of the mechanical stuff. I am suppose to get my truck back from the shop today because my tranny blew. Of course it was a 700r4!!!

9. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

You may have 3.08 gears and I would not go to a larger tire till you cange the gears. It roasts the tranny when the gearing is wrong. Put a AUX tranny cooler on there also. On a 700R4 with 33's I would run a 4.10 gear. 35's I would run a 4.56. If you run a 3.08 gear then get use to rebuilding the tranny.
    In your glovebox should be the build sheet. One of those codes indicates the gear ratio. I would make a post for Build sheet codes. Several people have them.