Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Wheels??

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by loudandproud, Jul 14, 2000.

1. loudandproud

loudandproud 1/2 ton status

How do you get the wheels to stick out past the fenders?? Does that have something to do with the rims?? And is it called positive offset??

2. chevy4x4

chevy4x4 1/2 ton status

3. SAVAGE1

SAVAGE1 1/2 ton status

<font color=green>The rear wheels are set more narrow than the fronts... don't ask me why. Wheel spacers are available to even out the back to match the front. Check out the product reviews on this site.</font color=green>

BLAZE IT UP!!!

4. MICHIGAN BLAZER

MICHIGAN BLAZER 1/2 ton status

it's called backspacing. I don't know much about it. I think i've heard it called positive off set though too. I don't half understand backspacing so I'm not the person to explain what you need for your tires to stick out further. I do know it's the rim & where your tire sits in relation to the fender depends on how much backspacing your rims have. I was trying to figure that crap out for my husbands cherokee(they're finicky about backspacing & rire rubbage)....I just gave up.

<font color=red>MICHIGAN BLAZER
    <font color=green>89 Fullsize Blazer
    87 Cherokee
    65 IH Scout

5. shaggyk5

shaggyk5 1/2 ton status

if you changethe backspacing (positive/negative offset)too much you are going to run into major problems with steering, rubbage, and bearing/ujoint wear. better to get wider rims and tires and leave the correct backspacing. Your truck will thank you.

but the spacers in the rear are a good idea.

shaggyk5

aint nuthin in the world like a heavy chevy!!

6. 90K5

90K5 1/2 ton status

Positive offset is completely different. It is where the wheel curves in from the center. I think they are only for front wheel drive cars and they would look pretty dumb on trucks.

90K5

7. realsquash

realsquash 1/2 ton status

8. Big B

Big B 1/2 ton status

i was told that the rear tire are set a little more to the endside of the axle so your rear tires do not go threw the same ruts as the front i do not know if this is true just what i was told.

bigb4x4.coloradok5.com