Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Wheels

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by madmike, Sep 3, 2003.

1. madmike

madmike 1/2 ton status

My truck has a D60/14bff combo. I'm looking for white steel wheels, that look like Bart or Eaton "super trucker" in appearance. I want 15x10, 8 lug, 3.5" backspacing (I plan on caliper grinding). I've called Summit, National Tire and Wheel, 4WPW, and I can't seem to get this combination. Where are you guys with 3.5" backspaced wheels getting them? HHeeellllppp! /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

2. LittlePig

LittlePig 1/2 ton status

What was the hangup for that combination, the bolt pattern, the width/diameter, or the backspacing?

3. Beast388

Beast388 1/2 ton status

Check these out. These are the Bart Super Truckers. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. madmike

madmike 1/2 ton status

I'm hearing I can't get a wheel like that in 3.5" bs.

5. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    15 in. x 10 in., 8 x 6 1/2 in. bolt circle, 3 1/2 in. backspacing, white powdercoated, Super Trucker wheel

[/ QUOTE ]

6. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> Check out www.rockstomper.com, they make a wheel that looks a bit like the Barts and they can make it with any backspacing. </font>

7. Beast388

Beast388 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    <font color="green"> Check out www.rockstomper.com, they make a wheel that looks a bit like the Barts and they can make it with any backspacing. </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

The last time I checked their website, the "Custom Wheels" link was no longer listed under the "Wheel Products" heading. You may have to call and see if they still offer custom wheels. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

8. LittlePig

LittlePig 1/2 ton status

According to National Tire and Wheel's website, custom backspacing is available upon request for the Eaton wheel (available in black only, though) because all the Eatons are custom hand-built (so they say). They might have told you it wasn't available because you wanted white, but they should have no problem with the specs you want (YMMV).

Edited to add: Or you could just follow Beast388's link, which points directly to the exact wheel you want (15x10, 8lug, 3 1/2" backspacing) on Summit's website, with a part number and everything. The part number is CLM-412-5008.

9. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

I think I actually have one wheel that you described. 15x10 white Bart or Eaton 8 lugger but I think the backspacing is more towards 3.75". Unfortunately it is already sold. I got it from Summit though.

10. madmike

madmike 1/2 ton status

Thanks for all the input guys, but things aren't as they seem. I checked the Summit link provided by someone above and printed it out, and thought, "wow, that's exactly what I want" so I called Summit. Yes, they carry them, but their in-store Bart catalog says the wheels are 4" bs, not 3.5" as advertised. So I went to the BArt wheel website, and it lists all 15 wheels by any width as having 4" bs, which is what Summit is telling me. Bart's website says 3.5 bs is only available on 16.5" wheels, so...

I'm still trying to find what I want! /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

11. LittlePig

LittlePig 1/2 ton status

Have you tried calling Bart Wheels directly? They should at least be able to tell you whether they make a 3.5" backspace wheel in 15". I don't have the number handy, but I know they have one, as I contacted them a while ago when I couldn't find information about their wheels.

12. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

What about Rockstomper, US Wheel, Stockton... Also try Johns351C over at POR, he makes custom beadlocks and wheels. And also try Wheels by Troy in Hollywood...