Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

When a Cop goes to heaven (sorry if this was already posted)

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by chevyracing, Feb 3, 2003.

1. chevyracing

chevyracing 1/2 ton status

The soldier stood and faced his God,

Which must always come to pass;

He hoped his shoes were shining bright,

Just as brightly as his brass.

"Step forward now, soldier,

How shall I deal with you?

Have you turned the other cheek?

To my church have you been true?"

The soldier squared his shoulders and said,

"No, Lord, I guess I ain't;

Because those of us who carry guns,

Can't always be a saint.

I've had to work most Sundays,

And at times my talk was rough;

I've had to break your rules my Lord,

Because the world is awfully tough.

But, I never took a thing

That wasn't mine to keep;

Though I worked a lot of overtime,

When the bills got just too steep.

And I never passed a cry for help,

Though at times I shook with fear;

And sometimes ... God forgive me,

I've wept unmanly tears.

I know I don't deserve a place

Among the people here;

They never wanted me around,

Except to calm their fears.

If you've a place for me here, Lord,

It needn't be so grand;

I never expected or had too much,

But if you don't, I'll understand."

There was a silence all around the throne,

Where the saints often trod;

As the soldier waited quietly,

For the judgement of his God.

"Step forward now, soldier,

You've borne your burdens well;

Come walk peacefully on Heaven's streets,

You've done your time in HELL!"

2. ZonkRat

ZonkRat 1/2 ton status

Cops and soldiers are two different things.Have lots of respect for armed forces,not much for most cops.Not cutting down law enforcement,but,a lot of them are there for the power they think it gives them.No respect at all for the ones who think they are outside the law.LAWRENCE County TENN.Sorry if this is wrong,but,the last 6 mo have shown how crooked they can be. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

3. chevyracing

chevyracing 1/2 ton status

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    Cops and soldiers are two different things.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why?

4. MOABDADC22

MOABDADC22 1/2 ton status

Well, I for one, dig the prayer/poem. I have seen this before with the words cop/soldier/fireman used /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif.

I appreciate the fact that you took time to post it. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif Thank You Chevyracing. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

5. EDdaTREE

EDdaTREE 1/2 ton status

Sorry Bro, you just can't paint every cop with the same brush. I grew up with a kid who ended up as a cop shot on the job. He was a good man. Can you yourself imagine for 1 MINUTE what cops gotta deal with? Or look at? Find a body in the woods? See a horrific accident? A child of 2 gets beaten to a pulp? Who gets called? The Coast Guard? /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

6. uglychevyZZ4

uglychevyZZ4 3/4 ton status

I see this gettin ugly, stay cool folks, he is new /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

7. MOABDADC22

MOABDADC22 1/2 ton status

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    I see this gettin ugly, stay cool folks, he is new

[/ QUOTE ] I was thinking the same thing.......that is why my post is short, sweet and to the point. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

8. uglychevyZZ4

uglychevyZZ4 3/4 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif thats what i figured you were doing /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

9. ZonkRat

ZonkRat 1/2 ton status

Didn't mean to step on any toes last night.I used to know several good people around here who used to be cops.Everyones got a right to their own opinion and mine changed about six months ago.I know not all of them are like that,but,theres to many power hungry ones in this area.I have friends who are ex-cops because they wouldn't go along with the ones in control.Johnny Carson once said there were three places he didn't want to go,1st was hell,2nd was Iraq and 3rd was Lawrence County,Tn.You have to see what goes on before you defend them.They have to work like everyone else,they don't have to abuse the power like here. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

10. ZonkRat

ZonkRat 1/2 ton status

Reply to WHY? Local snitch{didn'tknow it then}got himself in trouble,On supervised probation.He made deal to get out of it.4 of us ride to work together sometimes.Needless to say he set us up.He owed two of us money and paid with smoke.don't smoke,but have friends who do so could get money back from them.1/2 mile from his house got stopped.4 of us in car,three of us in trouble.all stuff came from him.he walked away scott free.Cost me $2500 car and another$2000 in court.Other two bout same in court.took my car for 8 groms of pot.Took keys and drove car away, left us standing on side of road waiting for ride.Car has never turned up again.Was supposed to go through police sale.Was never turned in.They are using it WITH MY TAGS for under cover car.Thats not right in anyones book.Thats why my opinion of them changed.Not all,just some.Found out what happened through friends who are law.They don't think it was OK either,but,noone can help.Wish it was like TV an dranger walker would come kick some crooked ass.In this county they can confiscate your car for anything they call parafinala .this means if you have alligator clips it tool kit they can take car and do. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif