Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

when did you guys move out of your parents house?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by eightyone, Oct 31, 2005.

1. eightyone

eightyone 1/2 ton status

im 21 and feel like i should be gettin ready to move out and maybee buy a house. but i dont think ill ever be ready. i owe my dad 4 grand. and i make a decent amount of money and work alot, but living on your own is soo expensive. not to mention houses around here cost upwards of a half million. when did you guys move out? and how were you financially when you finnally did?

2. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

I turned 18 in 1992 , bounced from parent to parent , and some friends until 1997 . Moved back in with my mom until I got married in 2000 . Wife lived at home until we got married .

Michelle and I had a little credit repair , and paid everything off . We got our first home at the end of 2003 after 4 years in an apartment . Now we have spotless credit , all our vehicles paid for .

I can't go back and change anything , it made me who I am .

I will say this though , if you can afford one now , buy one . Keep your credit clean . You could always profit from it later .

3. mrk5

mrk5 The Sticker Guy Moderator Vendor GMOTM Winner Author

When I was 18. Two weeks after graduation I was on a plane headed to bootcamp.

4. shewheeler

shewheeler 1/2 ton status

By 19 I was long gone. Wasn't "home" much after I graduated at 17... dysfunctional home life, blah blah, etc.

Been on my own and self sufficient ever since :waytogo:

5. gone huntin

gone huntin 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I moved out at 18, got married at 19, got divorced at 21 and married again at 22 and still married at 34.

6. ryoken

ryoken Puppy Fabricator Premium Member GMOTM Winner

about 18

7. onlychevy6

onlychevy6 1/2 ton status

i was 18 and surfing pro. So i did alot of traveling. made descent money. then got married 4 years later like a dummy.. :doah:

8. ryoken

i had just ended my "pro" skating career... :doah:

i was married at 21... :confused: ;) :haha:

9. onlychevy6

onlychevy6 1/2 ton status

no kidding. i grew up with the guys in dog town infact we were a rival skate team to them back in the mid 80's. we were called the lincoln village skaters. some of the members were guys like george wantanabe, among others..

10. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

im almost 25, and im still here... good thing too, dad had to take 7 mos off for a back surgery, and is currently unemployed (layed off 3 weeks after coming back from the surgery) once things get back to "normal" around here, im prolly gonna start looking.

11. cegusman

cegusman 3/4 ton status

Me too, coming up on 26 this march, just need to finish my truck and I am outta here.

12. ryoken

wow, thats a name from the past.. i've heard of him tho.. think i have a few pics of him somewhere...

did my stint on the circuit at 15, 16... 80, 81... fla, texas, cali tours from here in Jersey.... it was awesome.. skated a few of the killer Cali parks before they where dozed... Upland, Marina Del Ray, Pamona... got to skate with some of the DT crew, Shogo and Alva at our Cherry Hill park here on the least coast...

my apologies for the hijack folks, carry on... :doah: :o

13. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

got kicked out when i was 16 and lived with mom a spell, then with a few friends.then i moved in with my girl friend :doah: we lasted about two years.i rented apartment for awhile then houses. what a waste of money. then i bought a house and its almost paid off!! i owe $39,130.66 :bow: as of my last statement.house always increase in value so buy now if you can. my friend mike got his when he was 20 and its paid off.40 years old and hes clear of the big house payment. lots O equity and has tons of toys now. :rolleyes: lucky dog :laugh:

14. eightyone

eightyone 1/2 ton status

i did alot of traveling when i was 16 thru 20, alot of bmx demos, contests, just road trips, those were the good ol' days, i could go on riding for a while, but it will never get me anywhere because i refuse to enter the big contests where the money is. so i realize i will probally stick around here and take over my fathers business with my brother when he retires. i guess if i travel less and take less time off from work for traveling, i will make more money, but be bored alot. i love traveling. ive spent more time driving piece of crap cars all over the country then anyone could imagine. me and some friends would buy a 500 doller car, and strap the bikes to it and take off for a contest the next morning without any registration or insurane, if the car didnt make it to our destination, we left it, and hopped on a bus or train...ahhhhh...to be young again...back on topic...most of my friends are ins chool right now, and the ones that arent, all still live at home...i guess its a little different around here with the cost of living being so high...some day...

15. rdn2blazer

rdn2blazer 1 ton status Premium Member

i was out at 18.

16. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

Words of advice. Take heed, young man.

If you get along with your folks and don't have a problem following the rules of the house, stay there AS LONG AS YOU CAN. During your stay, sock away as much money as you can and buy ALL of your toys before you move out and buy a place.

Unless you have a really good salary, the first few years of home ownership leave you with very little disposable income. If you can move out and put a healthy down payment on a house and have all your toys already paid for, your lack of serviceable debt and low mortgage payments will still allow you a half-decent lifestyle........

Take it from a guy that got the boot at 16. I learned all of life's valuable lessons the hard way and had to claw my way to where I am now. :deal:

17. jhellwig

jhellwig 1/2 ton status

I am almost 23 and flat broke. Thank god for mooching of of parnets.

18. 84k5

84k5 1/2 ton status

19. eightyone

eightyone 1/2 ton status

thats some good advice canmore. i pretty much dont have any rules here, i have an awsome relasionship with the parents now (got into alot of trouble when i was around 16-17) i consider myself extremely lucky. i guess as long as i dont **** up (again) when i am ready to move out, it will be into a house, not an apartment. so i guess theres no rush. i see alot of you moved out when you were 18, was that because you had to, or you just felt it was time? and i see some of you got the boot...im sory to here that, i was almost in that situation, but my mom wouldnt let my dad kick me out, and i made it thrue, and im here today with 1 more court date that will make me a free man...

20. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

I got the boot at 15....:haha: