Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

When do I start to worry?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by zakk, Jan 9, 2002.

1. zakk

zakk 1/2 ton status

Kinda OT, but i need opinions on this!

I sent payment for a part in december and i know it was recieved (certified mail w/ return of sig. tag) it has now been over 2 weeks, not a word from the person.
    I sent a fair amount of money, and i am a broke college student, this was a present from Rita and Me to Me. We really scimpped to get this part. can it really take that long from the east coast over to the west coast?
    a week I can see, but this is getting weird...

-zakk

'77 1-Ton K5
    World's Ugliest Lawn Ornament
    [​IMG] CK5's Moab 2002 or Bust!! [​IMG]

2. 2Dogs

2Dogs 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Call and email that person everyday.

Usually things get worked out here. Only a few true scammers - therest have been bs and misunderstandings....

Dave

Horn Broken... Watch For Finger.
    <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/Daves-Pics>http://coloradok5.com/gallery/Daves-Pics</a>

3. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

People are human...they forget things. Maybe it got lost in the mail? I would call the person,and e-mail them.

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.community.webshots.com/user/vwryda>Come sail the Sea's of Cheese....</a>

4. BadDog

BadDog SOL Staff Member Super Moderator Author

I'm always leery of this sort of thing. No way would I send someone money without talking to them on the phone. That way, at least I can harass the @#$ out of them if they don't follow through. Much harder to ignore phone calls and I can have my computer call them every 10 minutes 24 hours a day if they jerk me around. [​IMG] Good luck, I hope it works out.

Russ

85 K30 CUCV, 350 TBI, TH400, 205, D60/C14, 4.56 Locked
    Some day: 4" lift, 44" tires, massive cutting, shorter wb and rear overhang.

5. muddin4fun

muddin4fun 3/4 ton status

ya...definatly contact the person immediatly!

<font color=blue>Answers: $1, Short: $5, Correct: $25, dumb looks are still free.</font color=blue>

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.bluefox.tv/~lara>My Wonderful Site</a>

6. solowookie

solowookie 1/2 ton status

bummer... keep us posted

<font color=blue> Jeff - may the force be with you</font color=blue>
    <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/Jeffs-Stuff>link to k5's</a>

7. loudnowlouder

loudnowlouder 1/2 ton status

my roommate ordered a set of shocks off of a guy on ebay...he got the returned check and still nothing...3 months later after emailing the guy 2-3 times a week he mailed him a letter from his lawyer.
    got an email shortly after saying the parts were being overnighted to him.
    sometimes it just takes a little "reminding"

8. NoSmog73

NoSmog73 1/2 ton status

Hey zakk I would e-mail the sh?? out of him and get all your mailed rec. together so he can't say that he never got it you and if need be send him prof that he did..... Was it someone on here????

9. zakk

zakk 1/2 ton status

I have requested the persons fone number and it was never given. I am a trusting person, i thought with that kind of money going it would be boxed and ready to go. It was a Postal Money Order so i KNOW it has gone through. i have the recipt and info to prove it. I have the persons signiture to take the letter and all info is correct. I even paid extra for the shipping. It does not take 2 weeks to get from the east coast to the west coast.

I am going to wait until this Friday's UPS drop. If it is not there, I will file with the USPS, get my money back, and that person can deal with the Federal Gov't in regards to Mail Fraud. I hate to have this happen but the item is/was time sensitive for my truck to run.

I was just wondering if anyone has had problems going coast to coast or like that. i do not want to think it of the person as a crook.

BTW, i have been trying to contact them but to no avail.

-zakk

'77 1-Ton K5
    World's Ugliest Lawn Ornament
    [​IMG] CK5's Moab 2002 or Bust!! [​IMG]