Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

When I click on a new post...why does it plop me right in the middle?

Discussion in 'Feedback | Site Announcements' started by Zeus33rd, Dec 1, 2002.

1. Zeus33rd

Zeus33rd Smarter than you GMOTM Winner

When I click on a new post that I haven't checked out yet...Why does it automatically put me half to 3/4 of the way down the thread? I have to scroll back up and start at the top. Not that big a deal...Just kinda irritating. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

2. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

That thing hasn't worked right sinse it's inception, frustrating in't it...But then if it's a thread you've been following it'll take ya to the top every time instead of at the newest post... /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

3. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

And when chevyfumes is involved in a thread, having to read his chit 45 times can be quite irritating. Oh by the way, the last one was dedicated to ya also. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gifYou really need to git your lil indian dude off of that poor dog, the dog can't keep backin away from that cliff forever ya know..... /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif:p

5. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

6. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

If someone begins a post and you don't read it it will take you to the first post as long as you haven't logged off. If you do log off and come back it will take you to the next newest post as if you had read the beginning of the thread. Basically it acts as if you read every post.

I often miss posts or come back to them after I've read or replied to others and had this happen.

The only posts where it won't take you to the newest reply are the 'sticky' posts...which is irritating.

Rene

7. Zeus33rd

Zeus33rd Smarter than you GMOTM Winner

Ohhhh.....I get it now. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif Kinda gay, but I get it. Thanks Rusty. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

8. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

It is kind of weird. Other BB's I go to have a little arrow up top and if you click it it'll take to the most recent post you haven't read...or if you just click the title it starts you off at the top. In some ways it's better because you know if you read any of it or not...

Rene