Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

When I was young I was taught the best lesson so far in life...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Topdown, Jun 21, 2003.

1. Topdown

Topdown 1/2 ton status

When I was young (maybe 7-ish) I remember going to the local parade on 4th of July. All the floats, the people, the cars, etc... What I remember the most is when the flag /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif was being marched by everyone around me stood tall and got quiet. Thats when my grandfather picked me up (I was playing with my matchbox cars in the grass) held me tight, pointed to the flag and the soldiers carrying it. He told me that in all my life I would never see anything so important as our soldiers proudly carrying our flag. That as long as I live, I needed to honor those soldiers for what they have done and that flag for what it stands for... because no matter what I accomplish, what I become, how much I make, I would never have had the opportunity to do any of it without either of them. I can still hear the words ring in my ears... "So many men, so much better than you or I, gave thier lives so we could be here today. When you see that flag or you see those soldiers, stand proud, honor them and dont forget why"

Hard words for a little boy to hear... I ended up crying at the seriousness of them... but I have never forgotten and I know I never will.

2. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

/forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

3. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif