Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

When is it going happen?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by sikZ28, Feb 7, 2006.

1. sikZ28

sikZ28 1/2 ton status

When do you think Israel will " take care of " Iran's nuclear facilities? :ears:

2. muscle

muscle 1/2 ton status

thats wierd, just had this discussion with the wife a day ago. I give it no more than 3 months.

3. sikZ28

sikZ28 1/2 ton status

I guess too touchy a subject???

4. 89GMCSuburban

89GMCSuburban 1/2 ton status

Or that it was posted at 10pm mountain time on a weekday?

I think they'll take care of it...they've always thought Iran was more dangerous than Iraq...and the recent statements of their nutbag president prove that. if they do it, though, I wouldn't be surprised if it starts a war of some kind. Really wondering where all this will lead.

5. sikZ28

sikZ28 1/2 ton status

Sorry, I can be a little grouchy sometimes...3 kids can make you that way :D

Those fundamentalist nuts are causing a lot of trouble...if they are allowed to enrich uranium they will weaponize it and then start a war nobody wants!!!

6. Leper

Leper 1/2 ton status

Or they will put the uranium into a crayon and make a cartoon to end the world.

7. kgblazerfive

kgblazerfive keymaster Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Well said

8. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Isreal has a tendancy to quietly take care of business when they feel its necessary. Of course they don't really mind going loud either. It will be interesting to watch.

9. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

The sooner the better. Iran with Nukes is probably 10 times worse than Saddam with Nukes. Saddam at least was self centered and, I think, let ego cloud judgement, which means he was sloppy and "easy" to counter and anticipate.
    Iran is hardcore Islam, and it's not just the president with the kooky ideology, it's half the country that's had anti-Israel sentiment inbred.
    I wonder if Iran will find a way to use Hamas' new "legitimacy" to chip and peck at Isreal.

Anyone else ever find it fascinating that a little tiny toothpick of a country (Israel) has repeatedly kicked the asses of huge surrounding countries?

"Muster against them all the men at your disposal so that you may strike terror into the enemies of Allah."

10. roadnotca

roadnotca 3/4 ton status

Isreal certainly knows weapons.

11. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

They are well armed and have the right attitude.

12. ryoken

ryoken Puppy Fabricator Premium Member GMOTM Winner

make no mistake, if Iran gets nukes, they'd use em on Israel...

wouldn't matter to them the recourse the world would take.. they wouldn't care, for they would go down in muslim history as the people that took out the zionist's...

i'm of the thinking that it will be a little while.. Israel will let the U.N play out their little games first.. i would guess a year or 2.

it could definitely be the unraveling of the middle east... i have no doubt that if the time came, the U.S could do to them what we did to Iraq in 91.. a month or 2 of nothing but airstrikes would f*ck them up to no end.. no ground forces nescesary.. it'd be more the rest of the region reactions... it could certainly ruin everything we've accomplished in Iraq....

13. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

Brilliant, too, from what I understand...

14. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

gee i wonder why RATCH :D don;t say anything and start a fight. woops:laugh:

15. sikZ28

sikZ28 1/2 ton status

I don't really know when Israel will do what needs to be done, but I would bet that they know exactly how close Iran is to to having a nuclear weapon....:thinking:

And another point, Iran wouldn't think twice about vaporizing the U.S. either.

16. ryoken

ryoken Puppy Fabricator Premium Member GMOTM Winner

the big difference being it could easily wipe Israel off the map before Israel could retaliate....

whereas they'd stand no chance attacking us... it's not like they'd have the ruskies arsenal... even if they could get 1 or 2 detonated in the U.S, obviously our firepower on that end is rediculous...

17. muscle

muscle 1/2 ton status

Remember in Desert Storm, Saddam was sending over scuds at Isreal. It was all Bush could do to keep Isreal from engaging. Which would have made a big mess.

We have supported Isreal for a long time with arms sales, aircraft, etc. Isreal's airforce is top knotch.

I do not believe that Isreal will wait long to defend itself, especialy in this day and age. l honestly believe a large pre-emptive will happen very soon. Iran has further moved towards their objective by removing UN inspectors and cameras. I mean come on, if they were only for providing themselves with nuclear power, why hide it?

So say your Isreali and you see whats happening there. Then you see the following statement....

I really doubt it will be much longer...

18. 3 on the tree

3 on the tree 1/2 ton status

I believe that whatever Israel does will be covert. It doesn't take much to ruin a nuclear plant, make it unusable forever. I give it a year before there is an "accident", and the plant is beyond repair.

19. MarcS

MarcS 1/2 ton status

Didn't they bomb a Nuke plant in Iran in the 80's ???
    I sure they won't hesitate to take this one out.

20. afroman006

afroman006 1/2 ton status

The "accident" idea is a good one. Make it look like Chernoble, get rid of their nuke program and most of the country's population while your at it.