Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

When is it to much.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Z3PR, Sep 11, 2002.

1. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Okay, some people feel everything today is too much, others don't. I don't want to start some pissing contest here, so please don't take this the wrong way. As far as homeland security, do you think it's not enough, just right, or too much ??? What do you think ??? Around here, I think it's kind over acting by closing down the Mt. Rushmore area. Yes I understand the rag-heads have threatened more attacks, but I do not belive Mt. Rushmore is a very likely target.

2. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

You guys thought your internal and out-of-country security was pretty good. Then 9/11 happened. It's pretty obvious that the resources your government had, as well as the laws backing up your resources, weren't enough. As a result new laws were passed and a new Agency was established.

Let's remember one thing here - the old rules don't apply anymore. The enemy doesn't play fair and because of this the way you dealt with internal security had to change. Things may seem a little draconian right now, but if increased security means there's less of a risk of a repeat performance by OSB's lads, then in my mind it's justified.

3. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

for air ports it's fine i'm cool with that, and to tell the truth i'm not effected by any homeland security stuff, no bridges or buildings shut down here in vegas. oh wait there's a whole lot more planes up in the air from nellis AFB but that's it.

4. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

I think homeland security is a joke honestly.... I got my Leatherman on a plane in December flying home from San Diego. I forgot it was in the front pocket on my backpack. Anyhow we got home and I stuffed in a drawer under my bed. A month later I pulled it out to use it and was going through it and found it. It was in there the whole time. It scared me to think I got this on board that easy.... makes ya think... if I did it that easy, who else can and will do it too...

As for the terrorists themselves... what they do next who knows. If they want too bad enough again pull something off, they will. After all this is still the same government handing out visas to the very terrorists who were killed flying the planes because they checked out fine months later... /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

5. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I'm all for making sure nothing like 9/11 ever happens again. I just think we need to figure out what the most likely targets would be and consentrate on those. Some places around here are being overely paranoid. But ofcorse, Elsworth Airforce Base is here, so maybe I do live in a prime target area. Elsworth is home to one of the largest B-1 bomber wings in our Airforce. I just wouldn't want the security of our nation to take away our freedoms, if you know what I mean.

6. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Better too much than not enough for the time being...

Rene

7. ChevyHuny

ChevyHuny 1/2 ton status

I watched today how a News group was able to get nuclear materials (materials not active anything) into the country. It was on a ship, its supposed to be the countrys most secure area with the most high tech equipment. It went right on through. Mind you this was at a port in NEW YORK!

When they were told that it was a test that the security people FAILED they didnt want to discuss it.

To me, its not enough.

8. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I belive it. The area's that need the highest securitys aren't being looked at seriously enough, but area's that are not likely targets are going way overboard. I think we need to inspect everything entering the USA, and watch all our nuke plants, and any research centers, be them private, or collage...ect. I think the next attack will be biological. I fear something in the water suplys of major citys. Or in packaging foods such as canned soups or so. /forums/images/icons/frown.gif /forums/images/icons/frown.gif /forums/images/icons/frown.gif

9. ChevyHuny

ChevyHuny 1/2 ton status

Its things I learned about in history class that I thought would never happen in my lifetime. Yet here it is in real life. Its a very scary thing. /forums/images/icons/frown.gif

10. muddin4fun

muddin4fun 3/4 ton status

What is homeland security? It's a puppet show. Same thing about 'airport security'. It's a fawking puppet show!