Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

When it hits the fan...**Update**

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by JDBlazer454, Jun 5, 2004.

1. JDBlazer454

JDBlazer454 1/2 ton status

When one thing goes bad it seems to snowball badly, let me fill everyone in on what has gone wrong....

May 8th I took the Blazer out in the mud for the first time, she did great but it messed up my steering worse by breaking my frame fix the rest of the way. Well 2 weeks ago the water pump went out and blew the head gasket on the 472, I have yet to tear into it completely to see the complete damage. So we put the 70 Camaro back together so I would have something to drive to shuttle kids back forth to school and myself to work.

Here is the kicker....one week after the Blazer blew its top Jeff lost his job /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif What sucks is we are surviving on my Ymart income (barely above minumum wage and at the moment bumped up to 40 hours a week), no job prospects, no money to fix the Blazer, and gas prices are sky high with no end in sight.

Only good note is the Camaro runs awesome, better then ever, and she is our one sunny spot at the moment. Anyone got any leads on jobs....he has computer skills, truck driving skills with 2 years Cdl class A, dispatcher skills, and is a hard worker....if he doesn't get a job soon I am going to kill him and hide the parts, he is driving me crazy being at home /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

Just venting, it took awhile for everything to really sink in /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

**Update**

Jeff got a third interview yesterday with Schucks auto supply on 117th Ave. They want him as a Manager in Training or assistant Manager....yipee!!!!!!!!! They have to do the background check and drug screen but thats no biggie then after they do all that next week they will try to fit him into the schedule. Best benefit is 25% off all parts /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif Now maybe we can get the Blazer fixed finally, been missing driving my big girl /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif

2. uglychevyZZ4

uglychevyZZ4 3/4 ton status

Re: When it hits the fan...

well there is an end or at least relief in sight for gas prices anyways, they have dropped about .30 here in the last week /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif I doubt theyll ever go under 2.00 a gallon again though, I see a permanant stay with that. Have him check http://www.wa.gov/esd/employment.html there is a decent amount of CDL jobs about, and school bus driver hiring is at an all time high /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif good luck, hope it all works out /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

I can relate on job losses - I was downsized early April. Thank goodness for a severance package and the improved economy. Got rehired three weeks ago at a new job.

Keep us posted - I may have a need for a CDL driver in the near future due to attrition. I'll know something pretty soon - local job, 6ish to 3ish M-F. /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

4. POWERMAD

POWERMAD 1/2 ton status

Tec Equipment.. 750 NE Columbia Blvd.
    One of the day shift pick up and delivery drivers just got a DUI and can't do that anymore.
    So far there is not an ad out and the spot has not been filled.
    I believe it entails picking up and running for parts and pick up and delevery of the trucks we work on.
    503 285 7667 or 1800 525 6333, hit 2 for the service department and ask for Gary Dawson the service manager.
    But it would prolly be best if he went in and talked to him personaly and fill out an app.
    I am not certain that they are looking to replace him but it is worth a shot.
    I do know that he is unable to drive for the company due to insurance reasons.
    I have no idea what the pay is but it is prolly better than a sharp stick in the eye.
    And since he has a CDL he will have opprotunities to see what fleets are hiring as we maintain several local fleets and lots of long haulers.
    If he goes in have him tell Gary that Ron sent him in.

5. JDBlazer454

Thanks...I'll send him in today /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif He will be out job hunting as soon as I get home from work.

6. Silver84k5

Silver84k5 1/2 ton status

My friend just got his CDL no expirience and he got hired on at Oak Harbor.... have him try all the frieght companys... and places like Skellenger Transfer, TP frieght.... he should be able to get a job if he has his CDL... Good Luck

7. JDBlazer454

Well things are looking up a bit, we got some help from the state with food and our bills so at least things will be caught up but no fun stuff /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

But on the upside Jeff has 2 leads on jobs, 1 for an entry level machinist position and the other is at Schucks. He really wants the machinist position, good benefits and a good job overall with good pay...just waiting on the call back for an interview but we have an inside scoop from a friend who works there. The Schucks job would just be a get us by type of paycheck. He is wanting to get away from truck driving but he can do it if that is what is offered.

8. JDBlazer454

Things are looking up....check the update at the top /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif

9. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif

10. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

/forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gifcool deal...

11. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

Cool beans! Hmmm...25% off huh? /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

12. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

Cool, hope it works out! /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

13. 4xrick

4xrick 1/2 ton status

glad to hear things are looking up for you guys.

14. POWERMAD

POWERMAD 1/2 ton status

I hope it works out for ya. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

15. JDBlazer454

Thanks everyone I hope things are finally on the up and up *knock on wood* /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif We won't find out his schedule until wednesday so until then he is still under my feet driving me crazy /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

16. JDBlazer454

Well Schucks sat on their hands and haven't done anything yet, grrrrr morons anyways.

But on a good note Pacific Towing called yesterday and Jeff went for an interview and today he went in to sign all the paperwork and get his tow truck, 22' flatbed quadcab /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif Just glad he is doing something he is happy with, he loves to do recoveries /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif

17. POWERMAD

POWERMAD 1/2 ton status

That's cool. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

18. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif