Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

When switching from auto to manual...

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Krase, Apr 3, 2003.

1. Krase

Krase Registered Member

When switching from auto to manual, from the 700r4 to sm465. On my 88tbi do i have to change anything with the computer setups or any other wiring issues?

2. GM Man

GM Man 1/2 ton status

I did this swap when I installed a Tremec TKO in my Camaro.
    The only thing that I can think of that will be left over is the TCC wiring which goes to the tranny. You can let this hang, and you shouldnt have a problem. Also you might have to wire up your Park/Neutral switch so you can fire up the motor.

Good luck

3. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

Park/Neutral is the only real "killer" I can think of. Believe the only way you can get that corrected is with a different/new PROM setup for the 465.

Auto trans vehicles know if the vehicle is in gear or not by you selecting gears on the column (start/neutral switch) and the manual trucks don't/can't of course.

Park/neutral controls a fair amount of ECM activity in *cars* that vintage/equippage, but in trucks I can't comment with authority since GM did some weird things with the early TBI trucks apparently.