Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

WHEN WILL THE SEARCH FEATURE BE BACK UP????

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by mastercraftkpk, Jan 25, 2004.

1. mastercraftkpk

mastercraftkpk 1/2 ton status

Like I asked?

WHEN WILL THE SEARCH FEATURE BE BACK UP ??????

2. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Like I asked?

WHEN WILL THE SEARCH FEATURE BE BACK UP ??????

[/ QUOTE ]

Hold up there Skippy.

I'm sure with the multiple threads here and other forums, I'd lay wager that Mr. Fox is aware of the outcry about the Search Feature making a comeback.

By the way, it was disabled as a test by Mr. Fox............ /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. mastercraftkpk

mastercraftkpk 1/2 ton status

Thanks for your concern, Chunky, but the question still stands......WHEN? This is a very simple question, for which there has been much rumor and unsubstantiated theories (wagering).

A little communication from someone who actually KNOWS what they are talking about and doesn't have to "venture a guess" would put everyone at ease.

If it is an administrative concern, I recommend that the search feature be configured to operate for real members (ie. those that pay $$$), even if it means raising the membership amount.

4. k20

k20 3/4 ton status

Ill concur w/ bubba, u need to calm down. There was a post not too long ago in the lounge if i remember correctly, that Steve had disabled search as a test about what was making ck5 lag at times.

5. CK5

CK5 In my underwear Administrator Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

Ummm, the search has been restored for the last couple of days now. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    However I had to resrict how far back you can search to 9 weeks for now anyway, I have spoke with the company that makes our forum software and they are addressing the search issues over the next two versions, 6.5 and 6.6 so it is getting fixed, trust me I want this fixed more than anyone.
    What happens is, when a lot of people are serching at the same time and searching the entire 1 million posts since 2000 it is locking the threads until those searches are finished. Now when a user searches they can only go back 9 weeks instead of 4 years so that will help us a lot. So that is why the speed is intermitent (sp?), when the forums slow down it means we are getting a high volume of people searching.

6. Sample

Sample 1/2 ton status

Why did this problem not come up with the last version of software?