Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

When you clocked your 205 flat

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Stomper, Jan 1, 2004.

1. Stomper

Stomper ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ GMOTM Winner

did you get some side to side angle, like the 205 output is off the center line of the front axle pinion? Just seeing if what I have is normal since the output would be rotated in a radius. If that makes sence /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif Thanks,

Brett

2. thebigdaddyof2

thebigdaddyof2 1/2 ton status

You might PM Mudzer.
    He runs an inverted 203 and a 205 clocked flat.

3. Stomper

Stomper ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ GMOTM Winner

Thanks

4. Mudzer

Mudzer 1/2 ton status Author

As theBigdaddyof2 said, Mine is clocked flat. There is more of an angle [side to side] than before, but not enough to give me too many problems. My major issue was in the angle going down to the yoke on my 60. It is a little severe, in fact I still have the junk Saginaw CV up front and it has been majorly modified to have more droop. Still, when I am wheeling at speed in the snow, it makes a bunch of noise. Since I haven't won that High Angle Driveline yet, I decided I am building my own CV shaft with sufficient angle for our applications. You take a 1310 CV shaft and disassemble the CV. Discard the center pivot and the Center "H Casting". Purchase a 1330 Center "H casting" and center pivot as well as 1310 to 1330 conversion u-joints. With some slight clearancing you can have a shaft that will operate at a fairly good angle. I then re-tubed the shaft for the length I needed.

I'll crawl under mine this weekend and snap some pics of the shaft angles.