Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

when you go to the grocery store...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by broncoman6524, May 5, 2007.

1. broncoman6524

broncoman6524 1/2 ton status

do you put your cart away after taking it outside?

i work at publix and today some old bitch was like screaming atme to come get her car while im trying toturn 12carts in the lot:rolleyes:

and hten somebody else was complaining to ME bc theyre car had a car resting against it. i said im sorry people are too lazy to put the carts back he laughs and agress, i walked off. then about 5 mins later i look over nad the guy had left his cart next to his car.:rolleyes:

so what do yall do with em?

2. justhorsinaround

justhorsinaround 3/4 ton status

PUT THEM AWAY!!!!!!! I hate folks that are to lazy to walk 20 feet.

3. burban89

burban89 1/2 ton status

I always put it back in the cart return thingy.

4. TSGB

TSGB 1 ton status

Push them to a cart stall if it's convenient, otherwise I kick them up onto a curb, or put them with another lost cart herd.

5. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

I put them in the cart return, EXCEPT at the local warehouse bulk store. They have a parking lot that is the size of most Walmarts, and like 2 cart returns. If they are going to make me push a cart half way across the parking lot, and a few lanes to return it, **** them. I knew a kid working there pushing carts that was making more money than I was turning wrenches!

And majority of the time, I hit them. Driving my junky 97 C2500, I always take those spots that have a cart sitting in them and no one wanted to move. Just bump the thing up and over the curb or out of the spot with the truck.

6. Craig Artzner

Craig Artzner 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

I like this idea.

7. broncoman6524

hahaha. when i leave on break i move my truck, then put lke 4 carts in my spot so nobody takes it:D i like my shady spot under the trees:haha: :haha:

8. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

years ago my friend had a bad day. and then some nasty b!tchy woman with kids pushed him over the edge. she was done with her cart and shoved it in to his car like she didnt give a crap.

his car was a old semicrappy caddy. but it was the fact of what she had done. so he waited and sure thing she locked the car up and went in to a second store in the strip mall complex.

he went to his car fired it up and got it ready. then he picked up her cart and threw it threw here windshield. :eek: :whistle: :dunno: :yikes:

hopped in the caddy and left the lot. :D

so to all those out there who just dont give a $hit put the dam carts back. or this could be you. :grin:

9. Confedneck79K30

Confedneck79K30 3/4 ton status

we have a big bulk store, and all the carts stay outside, they dont keep them inside at night... so i put them back there... usually dont have enough stuff elsewheres to use a buggy...

10. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

we have a low buck clearence food store in town. thay have 25cent deposit /return chains on them. vary rarly do you find a stay cart. super cheep people want the quarter back real bad.

11. Confedneck79K30

lmao my wifes grandpa said he took 4 back once that were stray in the parking lot, got a buck and bought a lotto ticket LOL won 5 bucks and bought a 6 pack... (back in the day)

12. broncoman6524

haha thats AWSOME! lol.:haha: :haha: :haha: jesus people bring me carts back i smile and sya thank you!

13. Confedneck79K30

i worked at winn dixie for 11 months when i was 16, 11 because i know the girls in the office liked me and kept me on payroll an extra month and got me a vacation pay check LOL
    164 bucks i was the MAN!!

so i understand the cart thing...

14. NewUser

NewUser 1/2 ton status

what do i do with a shopping cart after im done using it?...well ill tell you....

after im done fighting the wobbly wheeled pile of crap thru the store for an hour looking for a small list of simple yet seemingly impossible to find items....then after standing in a checkout line that resembles an oil painting in terms of speed(and intelligence depending on cashier) i wheel said wobbly wheeled deathtrap out to the parking lot....then after im done loading my items into my truck(after bouncing it off of the vehicle next to me at least half dozen times) i proceed to place said evil construction of satan in front of my truck and rather speedily push said rolling antichrist machine across the parking lot at 55mph....then i go home and have a beer or 6;)

15. Jagged

Jagged 1 ton status

:haha::haha::haha::haha:

16. TSGB

TSGB 1 ton status

Well, I'm glad I'm not the only one that nudges them around with my car. :D

17. RockinChevy

RockinChevy 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

We need those in AZ.... I hate to walk into a store and see they have no more carts.. I turn around to look outside and see 40 carts in the parking lot.... Customers do need to be courteous (sp?) and return those carts anyway. I don't shop heavy so I usually carry the groceries on the way out.

18. 4by4bygod

4by4bygod 1/2 ton status

I always return 'em.. first job in HS was rounding up the damn things, so I do my part.

best thing about that job was the cashier chicks.. oh, the memories.

19. TSGB

TSGB 1 ton status

I've never had... relations... with any coworkers, other than when I worked at Safeway.

Oh the stories...

20. 4by4bygod

4by4bygod 1/2 ton status

Speaking of nudging carts around with your car, that brought back a funny memory from back in the day..

A co worker was showing off his mid - 70s gran prix with a freshly installed hopped up motor.. ( this was after hours, while I was on cart round up duty)..

the guy stands on the gas, and as he was flying through the lot, a cart had rolled down a slight grade, right in front of his speeding car..

he hit that thing so hard, the cart went airborne, and landed on the hood, and slid up the glass, over the roof and then fell off..

the car was pretty messed up.. the cart was about folded over ..I just wheeled it back behind the store and left it there.

To this day, I always park uphill from where the carts are..