Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

When your pet parrot says, "I love you, Gary," but your name is Chris...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by cbbr, Jan 22, 2006.

1. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

suspect something's up with your live-in girlfriend.:D

People are sooooo stupid. Oh, and this is reason 31 not to have talking pets.

LONDON - Chris Taylor, a 30-year-old British computer programmer, grew suspicious of his live-in girlfriend when his pet parrot began to imitate her saying, “I love you, Gary.”

Ziggy, an 8-year-old African gray parrot, would also make kissing noises whenever the name Gary was mentioned on TV and would mimic Suzy Collins saying, “Hiya, Gary,” every time she answered her mobile phone.

Confronted with the evidence, Collins admitted to a month-long affair with a coworker named Gary and moved out of their shared Leeds apartment that same night.

“I wasn’t sorry to see the back of Suzy after what she did, but it really broke my heart to let Ziggy go,” Taylor, 30, told the Times of London in its online edition Tuesday. “I love him to bits and I really miss having him around, but it was torture hearing him repeat that name over and over again.

“Ziggy was one in a million; he was a loyal friend, and I have no doubt he was looking out for me.”

Taylor said Ziggy, who was named after a David Bowie song, has found a new home thanks to a local parrot dealer.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/10704041//?GT1=7538

2. kyser_soze

kyser_soze 1/2 ton status

Busted!

Too bad that he had to get rid of it. The parrot.:D

3. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

I'd have given her the bird too.........:whistle: