Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Where and how are you mounting 6x9s?

Discussion in 'Audio' started by hawglet, Dec 25, 2003.

1. hawglet

hawglet 1/2 ton status

I don't have the side panels in the rear in my Blazer. I would like to put in some 6x9s in the rear. Say somewhere around the rear ashtrays, but not be so intrusive that I could not fold the rear seat forward. Pics of a box design would be great. I don't really want to go with the normal hacthback stlye boxes but I guess I may have to start there and modify them. I'm running on two sets of 6 1/2s up front and a dash center. Not very complete sound. Thanks for the insight.

2. coreyk5

coreyk5 1/2 ton status

I have 6X9's in boxes, cheapo wal-mart kind, but surprisingly well-built for $9 apiece. they are strapped to the floor behind the rear seat, and i installed connectors (like on the back of a speaker or home stereo) in the floor. that way, if i need music outside of the vehicle, i just unstrap the speakers, put 'em on the roof, and use longer speaker wires!

3. k5fd89

k5fd89 Hold my beer..watch this! Premium Member

I have two boxes from a local stereo store that I paid 20 for. I think the speakers are 4x6 but either way I mounted the boxes to the front of the rear wheel wells. Just a couple holes a little sealer around the bolt heads and no problems. It gives great sound to the front of the truck the rear gets very little.