Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Where are all the 2wd guys?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 1badgmc, May 3, 2000.

1. 1badgmc

1badgmc Registered Member

This room is dead! C'mon guys! There has GOT to be someone out there working on a 2wd Blazer. I'm currently working on an '84 GMC Jimmy 2wd conversion. It'll have a '91 Suburban grille and a '97 Vortec 350 engine and tranny among other things. Tell us what ya got! Here's a page with my C/K5:

http://www.angelfire.com/tx2/1badgmc/SUV.html

2. Cusm

Cusm 1/2 ton status

There aren't that many of us. I have a '82 disel converted to a gas 350, soon to be replaced w/ a crate motor. I hope to add a '91 grille, tube bumpers, have not decided what size tires I want yet. I also plan on using a spray in liner in the tub, and put in custom back panels w/ a sub, among other things. I intend to start documenting my project now that it is about to begin. So much to do, so little money and time.

3. 1badgmc

I hear ya on the time and money deal! Mine is a project that me and my dad are working on together. We're building it so I will have a good daily driver to take to college for the simple fact that I went too far with my '91 GMC and made it too nice, and I'm sure it'd get stolen living in Dallas. I've got a 5.5/6" lowering kit for it and I'll have it rolling on Wheel Vintiques stock-style rallys with 8" wide in front and 10's in the rear. I'd put some 17's on it, but after buying 2 new rear 17's on my '91 for $450, I decided I'd go cheap this time.

4. conv76jimmy

conv76jimmy 1/2 ton status

Whatsss Uppppp, I have a 1976 2WD GMC Jimmy that I'm working
    on it has a pumped up 350 soon to be a 396-502 big block haven't decided yet on which one I want yet. With a 700R4 tranny I also converted it to a look like the fully convertable years. I going to get some torque thrust II for it 18x9.5 front 18x11 for the rear I'd been trying to get up a web page so I can show my pursuit for perfection of my truck, but I don't know how to do it. A 1badgmc when are going to post some more pics of your truck.

2-wheel'n all the way!!!

5. conv76jimmy

I forgot that I also have a 4WD Blazer that I'm going to start to convert to 2WD this summer also. Hopefully by then I be able to get a page up to show that also.

2-wheel'n all the way!!!

6. 1badgmc

7. CK5

CK5 In my underwear Administrator Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

conv76jimmy,
    Did you have someone do the conv coversion for you? How do like the job they did and was it expensive? Sorry for all the questions but I plan on doing this also.

Steve

8. conv76jimmy

whats up coloradok5, actually I did some myself & paid for the rest. I cut the top off then I took it to a metal
    fabricator for the welding of the frame back to the truck &
    for the caps on the door & on the bed rail. I have pictures
    of it would you like them so you can post them as your first 2wd project.

2-wheel'n all the way!!!

9. D2Customs

D2Customs Registered Member

Why am I always the last to find out about these site!!(j/k)

I'm new to this site, so to update everyone, I've got a '76 2wd Blazer, lowered, Green/Cream Custom paint, factory A/C, cruise, 350, etc, etc. I've had it for several years. I had (4) at one time last year, but I sold one ('77), and traded another ('78) for a 2wd '72 Suburban. I've still got an '82, but it has been wrecked (bought it for parts for my '81 Chevy SWB). I'm keeping all the "Blazer" parts off of it that I can, b/c I hope to run across a '73 one day. I'd really like to have a true convertible in the '73-'91 body style. If anyone comes across one, let me know.

Later
    Danny

10. Michael

Michael 1/2 ton status

Hey D2, welcome to the club! Be sure and check out the "For Sale" section....convert's show up every so often. I have a '74 GMC 2 WD. It's uuugly, but I'm trying to help it!

Michael [​IMG] http://jmartin.net/parker/goose.htm

11. 1badgmc

I figured I'd get somebody to speak up with this post! I know this is primarily a K5 site, but we need to come out of the closet and make sure everyone knows that 2wd's are Blazers (or Jimmys) too!

12. CK5

CK5 In my underwear Administrator Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

conv76jimmy, lets see some pics, that may be a good idea on having some 2x4 projects for the projects page.

Steve

13. Captkaos

Captkaos 1/2 ton status

You\'re not the last.

Hey Danny, this forum was included in "the List" for 73-87 trucks. Must have been too overwhelming for you to search for.

Chris Lucas
    http://www.wwisp.com/~captkaos

14. N2-TRUX

N2-TRUX 1/2 ton status

I made it finally....

Blazers brothers, we can now rejoice. I have made it into Blazerville at last. Don't even ask why my screen name is spelled the way it is. Ok, for you guys that don't know me, I'm N2TRUX. And this has got to be what we have been trying to find for a long time. All the other truck boards are over run with the S-10 crowd, which are cool trucks, but I ain't looking to hop up any 4.3's. I came here looking for the good stuff, and this is 73-87 GM heaven as far as I can tell. We just have to get our Blazer(and truck) brothers on board. Danny, Chris, Jason, and you other guys, I'm here at last... Let's talk Blazers boys....

Wanna see mine?-http://www.n2trux.coloradok5.com/

15. N2-TRUX

N2-TRUX 1/2 ton status

Post them pics....conv76jimmy

Hey lets see those pics. If I can throw together a cheesy site, I know you can. All you need is access to a scanner, so you can load some pics of that hot 76. If you can't get it going, let me know. I don't know jack about it, but I'm learning, and I have friends that know all this stuff. If nothing else, I'll put it on my site until you can get one going...

Don't laugh at my site, or I'll laugh at your sister:)-http://www.n2trux.coloradok5.com/

16. N2-TRUX

N2-TRUX 1/2 ton status

Ooops..conv76jimmy

I made the above post, then went back to the forum and found your post and your site. Oh well, my intent was good, just a little late...

17. D2Customs

D2Customs Registered Member

Re: I made it finally....

Well, it's about damn time.!!!! (ha ha)

Later
    Danny

18. N2-TRUX

N2-TRUX 1/2 ton status

Don\'t I know it...

Man you would not believe the h*ll I went through to get on this site. Somehow, when I registered for my web site, it locked me out of the forum area. I tried every combo of passwords I could think of. Steve worked on it for quit a while, then he threw his hands up. The ISP techies wouldn't even respond to my plea for help. So I had to take matters in my own hands and get creative. I created my profile again with a - in the middle of my screen name, and here I am. And boy I am I glad to be here....

19. Captkaos

Captkaos 1/2 ton status

You forgot about...

Killing helpless innocent animals, paying off the FED's, promising to do all honey-dos owed to this wives of this page and etc. Bout time you got here....

Chris Lucas
    http://www.wwisp.com/~captkaos