Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Where Are All The Gunslingers?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Resurrection_Joe, Mar 22, 2005.

1. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

Shooting Spree Goes On FOREVER

Good God..... a few determined men or women with simple arms could have stopped this fast.

We're progressing as a nation to a better place in a lot of respects, a lot of freedoms have opened up, but the sorrow is that we've sold the values that won those freedom for a little peace of mind

2. firefighter184

firefighter184 1/2 ton status

Just one person with a CCW and a little training could surely have stopped that kid.

3. afroman006

afroman006 1/2 ton status

At my old high school, we were all prety sure our spanish teacher was packing. I knew he was a gun nut like me cause I always saw him at gun shows and he wore his shirts really baggy in the back. Hes deffinately the coolest teacher at that school.

4. tiger9297

tiger9297 1/2 ton status

Shooting a number of years back down at Pearl High School in Pearl, MS (Right outside of Jackson, MS) Teacher ran to his car, got his gun and put them down. People might use guns to commit crime, but people also use them to STOP crime.

5. tiger9297

tiger9297 1/2 ton status

Everyone should read "Guns, Crime, and Freedom" by Wayne LaPierre. Then go join the NRA.

6. Cricket

Cricket 3/4 ton status

Here's a question, not to hijack you RJ.

How many of these shooters (kids who attack at school) were raised by parents who taught them the importance of gun control and responsibility?

How many were unhappy youths with anti-gun parents who developed an interest in guns to get revenge for their internal suffering.

My parents were anti-gun but my Grampa was pro-gun. Grampa took us out in the field when we'd visit and let us shoot the .22 and 12 gauge. He taught us to respect weapons and I believe that made a big difference in my teens. He sure made a difference in my life.

7. gjk5

gjk5 3/4 ton status

Same thing as Columbine. Probably had the popo parked outside waiting for the shooting to stop too.

It disgusted me watching the footage of Columbine, armed men with bulletproof vests standing around while kids get shot by other kids with no formal training.

What really pisses me off is that many of the officers WANTED to go in and were told to stand down by their superiors, too afraid of a lawsuit. It's a pretty sh*tty world when our cops are more afraid of being sued than shot.

8. gjk5

gjk5 3/4 ton status

I would also highly suggest "The Bias Against Guns" and "More Guns Less Crime" by John Lott Jr. great stuff: http://www.johnrlott.com/

9. bigcountryk5

bigcountryk5 1/2 ton status

this kids grandpa that he also shot and killed was a retired cop i would hope he would've at least tried to give that kid respect for firearms, but hey some poeple just aren't right in the head maybe he just got pushed past what he could take.

to bad they can't try him as an adult anymore.:mad:

10. Resurrection_Joe

Probably none, or at least very few

No man should ever seek to completely end someone unless it is defense of human life (inlcuding rape). That's why it's never shoot to wound

11. TSGB

TSGB 1 ton status

So, when I'm at school, I am armed. Not with guns, but with alternatives. I just bought a brass knuckle "belt-buckle paperweight" for example. I can tell you my friends are all the same way. We don't go looking for fights, but we're always watching for someone with a drawn weapon. We've all agreed, if there's a shooting, that we try to be the first ones there, if nothing else, to take bullets that were meant for others. Yelling, throwing books, those cheap plastic chairs, whatever, would still be enough to throw off someone's aim.

I can't believe the number of people in these schools, and no one stands up.

12. TSGB

TSGB 1 ton status

I would be all for a gun safety course in schools, but we all know that would never happen. Maturity? What's that?

13. Resurrection_Joe

Ahhhhhh, such is the life

Everything, EVERYTHING, is a weapon