Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Where are the good Phx AZ Drive Shafts Shops??

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 87GMCJimmy, Jan 7, 2002.

1. 87GMCJimmy

87GMCJimmy 1/2 ton status

I'm in need of a drive shaft shop to rebuild my front shaft. Just wondering if any Arizonans had experiece with any of the local shops.

Thanks
    Mike

2. marv_springer

marv_springer 1/2 ton status

A couple of years ago when I installed the Doubler, I spent a lot of $$ on driveshafts at 2 different shops.

Driveline of Phoenix (I think that's the name) on Washington street made the rear CV shaft to my custom specs. Great shaft and excellent work.... but pricey!

I did the front with Az Driveline (Gloeco) because at the time he was the only one who was making the 11" long slip yoke "Rockcrawler" shafts. This shaft has held up, but the workmanship is inferior to the rear.

I've also had good and affordable work done at Dick's Driveline.

Marv

3. 87GMCJimmy

87GMCJimmy 1/2 ton status

Thanks,
    If I need a new slip yoke is it worth it to get a longer one? When I pulled my drive shaft apart the slip yoke loosed up quite a bit after I cleaned out the petrified grease. The grease had dried out and comacted so much that at first I thought it was some kind of rubber/felt seal.

4. BLUESMAN

BLUESMAN 1/2 ton status

Phoenix(but it\'s a dry heat...like an oven!)AZ.
    Also try "Dick's driveshafts" here in Phx......2750 E. McDowell Rd.

5. DesertDueler

DesertDueler 1/2 ton status

Mesa Driveshaft, only if you know someone there though because it can be pricey if not.

86Jimmy 4"&35"MTRs,87 burb 4"&33"MT,69Firebird w/525 hp,and 70GTO live in PHX,AZ<a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/modifierperformance>My vehicles</a>

6. FWP

FWP CRS

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

The grease had dried out and comacted so much that at first I thought it was some kind of rubber/felt seal.

<hr></blockquote>

That's funny, I had the same situation. [​IMG]

<a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/75K5>http://coloradok5.com/gallery/75K5</a>