Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Where are the id tags on the frame?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by cheyenne_77, Nov 21, 2002.

1. cheyenne_77

cheyenne_77 Registered Member

I am having trouble locating my vehicle chassis number on my 77 Blazer (4X4) /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif, i bought the truck 7 years ago, drove it around for afew months and now, after i build it, need to get it registered. Can anyone please point me in the right direction?

2. JK5

JK5 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

The numbers can be found on the driver-side frame rail, below the front floor pan......

The ID tag should be on the Driver-side door post next to the striker....

3. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

I don't know about Blazers, but the pick ups have them on the passenger side, under the passengers seat area, stamped on the side of the rail.

4. imiceman44

imiceman44 1 ton status

I don't know about the different years, but my 74 had the serial number on the top side of the the passenger side rail, inside the engine compartment, and my 73 had it on the driver side. The date of manufacture was stamped on both sides of the rail just under the cabin.

5. cheyenne_77

Sorry, i know this may sound like a stupid question but..... are the numbers on the frame the same as the numbers on the door jam id tags? What i have on the door jam is a sticker, but not plate. (The tyre Plaque saying gross weight etc etc) /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif Thank you for the info and sorry for wasting your time.

6. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

Yes, the numbers on the frame will match part of the VIN. Unless of course the frame has been swapped, or the body.

7. Michael

Michael 1/2 ton status

Hey man, you're not wasting anyone's time...that's what we're all here for!! /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

8. cheyenne_77

Thank you all, i checked out the vin number with the registration department here and found that all is CLEAN!! Thank you all. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif