Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Where are the rust buckets?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Blazer_Boy, Sep 25, 2001.

  1. Blazer_Boy

    Blazer_Boy 1/2 ton status

    Joined:
    Dec 16, 2000
    Posts:
    1,669
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Sioux City, IA, USA
    I know its not something we like to see but where are the rusty K5s? Pugsley's post about rust kinda something started and I noticed that we never see any rust buckets here. About 90% of the pics I've seen are of dead rust free and the other 10% have a pinch. I've got an '81 that you can stick your arm through on the rust holes. It runs like a million dollars though, so go figure. Granted I'll fix it after I finish the rot I'm repairing on my '82. Maybe we can a little competition to see who has the rustiest because like it or not these bodies accel in rot unless well maintained. I'm not trying to degrade the K5 or anything because pretty or not they're are all still K5s. I know Grim has a pretty good entry with his old floors in dollar.

    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/bigkern76>http://www.geocities.com/bigkern76</a>
     
  2. Donovan

    Donovan 1/2 ton status

    Joined:
    Feb 17, 2000
    Posts:
    524
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Arvada, CO
    Here you go. <a target="_blank" href=http://www.rustbucket.rockcrawler.com/photo.html>http://www.rustbucket.rockcrawler.com/photo.html</a>

    Donovan
    Nitro Fumes makes me Horrrrny
     
  3. TorkDSR

    TorkDSR 1/2 ton status

    Joined:
    Sep 1, 2001
    Posts:
    1,258
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    bucks co pa
    i keep the rust bucket next to my K15. my mom hates when i pull off pieces of rust and leave them on the driveway, so i throw them in the bucket.

    you K5 guys aren't special, my K15 can rust like the best of 'em

    Tork DSR
    I just got a winch, it takes the fun out of things.
    http://www.torkpig.homestead.com
     
  4. Blazer_Boy

    Blazer_Boy 1/2 ton status

    Joined:
    Dec 16, 2000
    Posts:
    1,669
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Sioux City, IA, USA
    Haha, I know what you're talking about. When I dropped my transmission this weekend I had a bolt stuck for the crossmember and I had to hammer it out. With every blow I had chunks falling from the floor boards on me and hitting me in the head. I don't really care about the exterior rust at the moment but I have to do something about the floors because its really unevering having soft spots when you step in.

    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/bigkern76>http://www.geocities.com/bigkern76</a>
     
  5. rusty79

    rusty79 1/2 ton status

    Joined:
    Jul 22, 2001
    Posts:
    139
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Hampton Va
    ive got a definite rust bucket i can almost push the thing around like fred flintstone. which is about what needs to happen since one of my rods made a nice neat hole in the oil pan. :) oh well got another block at the machine shop now.
     
  6. Itali83

    Itali83 1/2 ton status

    Joined:
    Feb 12, 2001
    Posts:
    795
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Westbrook Maine
    You will all like the pics I post of my rear floor swap. Wanna see some rust, you'll like this mmmuuuhahahahaha stay posted. And hey blazerBoy, I'm glad someone else thinks like me. I've always wanted to start a rusted out k5 club since I got my truck. living in maine, rust is a given. We should have a new forum for rust repairs and stuff~!!!!!!!!
    Ben 87 Jimmy
    <font color=blue>Rust=Bad</font color=blue>
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.bens87toy.alloffroad.com>www.bens87toy.alloffroad.com</a>
     
  7. Kajun_K5

    Kajun_K5 Registered Member

    Joined:
    Jul 9, 2001
    Posts:
    48
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Lafayette, Louisiana

Share This Page