Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Where are the weight lifting gurus? I got an issue...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Capman2k, Nov 29, 2006.

1. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

I was out of the workout scene for about a year and a half, then I started getting back into it, then I had surgery... Once I started physical therapy I started working my upper body again...

I have a 25 lb dumbell I use for various exercises... It's not terribly heavy, but I feel worked at about 8-10 reps... I also like to stick with basics and do pushups (regular and diamond) and flutter kicks, crunches, stuff like that. I definately FEEL strong, and my arms and chest are more toned than ever. I can visibly flex more muscles in my forearm than I thought possible.

But I just don't look like a guy who lifts weights regularly and can lift more than the weight of a #2 pencil. I'm more specifically concerned about my biceps, since everything else seems to be doing okay...

I usually work my upper body till I can't go any further, skip a day, then do it again. I also take in a lot of protein. I'm not afraid of carbs or sugar, but I pretty much stick with proteins and fruits and vegetables...

Which one of you bretheren may know how I can have 24 inch pythons like Hulk Hogan? In the meantime, don't mess with a man who has 11.5 inch rattlesnakes, you'll never know what hit you :crazy:

2. TSGB

TSGB 1 ton status

I'll type up my 5 day routine in the morning, that'll give you an idea what you can do. I, and my friends can tell you it works.

If you follow it.

3. scrappyk5

scrappyk5 1/2 ton status

If you want your muscles to be cut and defined, do a lot of reps with
    not alot of weight.

If you want bulk , do alot of weight , with less reps.

i used to lift alot, and what i did was alot of weight, as i got used to the
    weight, i would increase my reps. do that for a while, then start adding more weight which will lower the reps. i also did all parts of my body every other day which i feel worked better than working on arms one day then chest the next day. also, you system makes its own ameno acids which is what you need to build after the muscles stretch, buut your system needs a day each time. alot of people take the suppliments so they can work out everyday.

I quit lifting 5 years ago cause i blew out a lung ( had a cyst on it ). i am
    now getting back into it slowly, so i am mainly doing alot of pushups, 100 every other night. and sit-ups, 100 every other night. i also am putting my
    wifes college books to good use by filling up a small duffle bag and using it like a curl bar, about 40lbs. i also am doing pull-ups which help alot with the arms and chest.
    maybe i will get a weight set for christmas :D

4. jekquistk5

jekquistk5 Weld nekid Premium Member GMOTM Winner

What I do is start with 10 reps of a weight you know you can do then jump up 10-20 lbs, do as many as you can but less then 10, rest then jump up some more weight do as many as you can, rest jump up weight. Repeat until you can not lift the weight, then bring it back 10-20 lbs and try to hit the number you were at before.(Note this works well for machines)

Eat lots of protien, and work in groups. upper body mon/wed/fri legs tues/thurs

Free weight lifting is key. But you have to have good technique. Go to a gym and watch the big doods do it and you can work something out for you thats simalar to theirs.

5. 2BLAZERS

2BLAZERS 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I workout 5 days a week here is my current arm workout, usually Sunday morning before church.

Background, I've been lifting weights for almost 15 years prettty seriously to counteract my job of being a CPA that sits at a desk all day, lifting is my stress relief. I'm about 6 feet and 260#, built like a linebacker and I can see my abs:) I also do Cardio workouts 5 days a week, 45 minutes on treadmill, Eliptical, bike or stair stepper and I'm very active on the weekends.

preacher curls using dumbbells, 35#*12,40*10,45*8,50*6
    One arm cable pushdowns, 65#*12 for 4 sets

Z bar curls 135#*8 for 4 sets
    Z bar Skull Crushers 125# for 4 sets
    With Z bar close grip press for burnouts after Skull Crushers

Concentration curls dumbbells, 35#*10,40*8,45*6
    Dips for 3 sets of 12-15

Hammer Curls with dumbbells, 50#*10 for 4 sets
    Close Grip Pushups with feet up on top of bench or excerise ball 4 sets of 15-20

This arm workout has been working well for me the last six weeks, after Christmas I'll have a new workout, got to keep changing things up. I have learned over the years that I have to keep pushing myself and keep things on the heavier side. For me the most important thing is just getting into the gym religously, sleeping well and eating well.

6. firefighter184

firefighter184 1/2 ton status

Winstrol V followed by Clenbuterol:D

7. TSGB

TSGB 1 ton status

I've come to the realization that trying to explain how the lifts work on the internet is frustrating. My old teacher recommended picking up a muscle mag, and seeing where that gets you. They have diagrams as well.

8. gjk5

gjk5 3/4 ton status

I do curls every night. Glass of ice and 4 oz. of vodka, repeat until you think you look good.

9. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

I've also been working out regularly and seem to have developed what seems to be a potato in my back pocket... What muscle is that exactly???

10. TSGB

TSGB 1 ton status

That's not a potato. That's Dolph.

11. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

your metabolizm makes a difference on how bulky you get.GJK5 has the fastest way to make yourself happy with your body.FUMES might need Archie Bunkers chair.

12. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

Wow, well thanks for the info y'all... It just seems like a couple years ago I got bigger than I am now doing a lot less work... Maybe when I'm able to run every day again that'll help some :doah:

13. southernspeed

southernspeed 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Nope, no, that's definately a potato!:D