Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Where can I buy door shells? (or tube doors)

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by namkrow, May 15, 2004.

1. namkrow

namkrow 1/2 ton status

I need two new door shells for my 77. The glass and mouldings are good, but the hinges are rusted out.

Where's a good place to purchase them online (or locally, so cal)

Is there a difference in manufacturers?
    I'm looking for something lightweight . I'll probably run them without glass and end up modifying them in the future (Can you hear my rattle can? lol)

Also, does anyone make tube doors? I can make them, but the hinge area makes me a little weary of trying.

2. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

3. mtn. burb

mtn. burb 1/2 ton status

lmctruck.com should have the stock replacement parts, they have a catalog specifically for our gen of burbs. ORD posted they will be offering tube doors soon, or, as you say, make'em! /forums/images/graemlins/grind.gif /forums/images/graemlins/weld.gif The idea of actually seeing where I am wheeling is very appealing to me /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif, but I keep all of my camping gear in the back of my truck and don't want anything ripped off /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif. But I'll probably go to tube doors sometime, it's a great thing to see out the sides, when your hood is as big as a highway billboard. /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif Bern.

87 burb 350TBI/TH400/205/D60/14BFF/powerlock-detroit/39.5 TSLs
    93 burb 350TBI/700R/mommy-mobile

4. namkrow

namkrow 1/2 ton status

Guess I need a tubing bender.
    lol
    -T